Teacher of Science
40% (Monday & Friday) for one term
To start after Easter
Are you passionate about teaching Science and making a difference to young people’s lives? Looking for an “Outstanding” innovative and forward thinking school which genuinely challenges, develops and invests in you? Then come and meet us at Swavesey Village College.
As a lead school within a developing Academy chain in Cambridgeshire (mostly), opportunities for advancement within the Trust at all levels is frequent, and encouraged by senior staff. We care about your career; we believe that motivated staff who are supported to be successful and ambitious make great teachers.
Swavesey Village College is recruiting for a part-time teacher of Science (40% to work Monday and Friday) for one term, to join our inspirational and highly successful department from September 2018, who will contribute to helping our students continue to achieve excellent results. We are looking for someone who is passionate about inspiring young minds and challenging themselves to constantly improve. We encourage and support staff to innovate and grow as professionals, by working collaboratively with like-minded colleagues within our school and across our family of schools in our trust.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Interested in spreading their enthusiasm for Science beyond the classroom.
- Committed to the pursuit of excellence and have a strong desire to work in a team that supports all members of its community to be successful.
In return, we can offer you:
- Induction for all
- Strong NQT Programme, reduced TT, Mentor, NQT CPD
- Calendared NQT/RQT/New staff meetings for CPD
- Leadership Coaching
- Free tea, coffee, squash in staff area
- Child care voucher scheme through payroll (tax free)
- Free eye test for constant computer users
- All Staff Activities (Staff Association,Thirsty Thursday, Friday Football, BBQ’s Paint Balling, etc)
- Free Gym membership at SVC on specific days
- Support for staff who wish to pursue a Masters in Education in their second year with us.
- Experienced teachers can also look forward to a high quality induction package and a wide range of CPD opportunities offered by our Teaching School status and promotion opportunities within the wider family of CMAT schools.
Swavesey is a village community school located close to Cambridge with excellent transport links to Cambridge and the pretty market town of St Ives, however, we have a considerable local and national reputation for academic excellence and innovation as part of our Academy Trust – CMAT and as a Teaching School - CTSN.
We encourage visits before interview and this can be arranged by contacting Claire Newman - Personnel Administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01954 234461
Closing date for applications is 9.00am on 26th February 2018. Please note applications received after this time will not be accepted.
To apply for this vacancy, please click the apply button below and if you have any queries beforehand please contact Megan Smart – Head of Science email@example.com
The post holder will have a shared responsibility for the safe guarding of all children and young people. The post holder also has an implicit duty to promote the welfare of all children and young people.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All staff will be subject to an enhanced check with the DBS.