Part time Community Sports Coordinator
Required for September 2021
Grade 8 18 £24,982 – £27,741 pro rata
Sport is extremely important to the Witney Partnership of Schools (WPOS). As our Community Sports Co-ordinator, initially based at Wood Green School, you will support our schools in delivering the WPOS sports agenda. Alongside our schools, you will help create, promote and drive the sports offering and encourage and enthuse our children to take part. You will lead and co-ordinate sports and enrichment sessions for children across the WPOS.
• In collaboration with the WPOS, contribute to the schools’ priority of improving outcomes for children.
• Support schools in delivering the WPOS Sport Improvement Plan - increasing sports participation and sporting competitiveness across the Partnership and work to leverage other funding opportunities (e.g., via Sport England).
• Plan, request, track and report on participation.
• Increase the profile of sport across the Witney the Partnership and WPOS in local and national competitions.
• Help our schools to support all children to develop socially, physically, emotionally and academically.
• Working with the WPOS to ensure that sport is part of curriculum.
• Lead a number of enrichment clubs and programmes every week before, during and after school.
• Regular communication with all the local schools and parents
• Build relationships with local partners and identify opportunities for joint working. Establish links with community clubs and help establish partnerships and relationships that provide high quality coaching in/out of curriculum.
• Produce and publicise the WPOS’s written programme of events and fixtures.
• Work creatively with the WPOS to plan and organise internal and external competitive opportunities for our schools, as well as supporting the delivery of competitions
• Promote results and achievements of children and teams competing inside and outside of school time via social media, newsletters, displays and more.
• Ensure the WPOS website is regularly updated with sporting news, results and information.
• Work with the local press to secure PR for key individuals and successful teams.
• For a full list of responsibilities please see the job description
A full Candidate Information Pack including job description, and the Acer Trust Application Form, is available from our website. To apply for this post, please write a letter of application on one side of A4 and complete the Acer Trust application form. Please submit your letter and application form to email@example.com
The closing date is 22nd September 2021 at noon
Wood Green School and the Acer Trust are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism; all staff must ensure that the highest priority is given to following the guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and obtain any other statutorily required clearance. Employment will also be conditional on the receipt of at least two acceptable references (one from current/last employer) and evidence of the formal qualifications required for the role. Wood Green School is an equal opportunities employer.
Wood Green School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years