MPW Cambridge was founded in 1987 and is part of the MPW group of independent fifth and sixth form colleges. Our college is situated in attractive Victorian premises on the south side of Cambridge city centre with around 220 term-time GCSE and A level students on roll each year. We offer a broad range of subjects and have a tradition of expertise in intensive, exam-oriented courses. At our most recent Ofsted inspection in November 2019, MPW Cambridge was rated “outstanding” in all assessment areas. In Autumn 2019 the Department of Education ranked MPW Cambridge in the top 1% of all schools offering A levels in the UK for student progression, coming 26th out of over 2700 schools. Taking out schools that only sit fewer than 30 A level exams each year puts us in 8th position.
We pride ourselves on being able to offer a flexible curriculum to suit students requiring one- and two-year GCSE and A level programmes with regular testing, a maximum class size of 9 students and an outstanding pastoral system to support students and teachers alike.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and experienced German teacher on a part time basis with a proven track record of teaching success to join the department as soon as possible. The successful candidate will need to demonstrate an understanding of excellent teaching practice as well as a thorough grasp of the assessment requirements at A level and GCSE for 5 hours per week in the first instance. Previous applicants need not apply.
Key Features and Benefits
• Competitive salary
• Located 5 minutes from the heart of Cambridge’s historic city centre and 8 minutes from the train station.
• Potential for career progression and personal development
• Development of teaching practice at a leading independent college rated 'outstanding' by Ofsted in all areas
• Life assurance, income protection, annual season ticket loans, employee-employer (4% + 3%) contribution pension scheme, fees remission for children attending MPW, free access to Cambridge Botanical Gardens
• Additional earning potential through our Support Tuition and Easter Revision programme is also available.
If you are interested in the role, please email Jacqueline.Quintana@mpw.ac.uk for an application pack.
Application Deadline: Wednesday 22 September 2021 .
Interview dates: To be confirmed at a later date - Previous applicants need not apply.
Appointments are subject to child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the DBS.
Mander Portman Woodward
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 14 - 20 years
Mander Portman Woodward is a mixed, non-selective, non-denominational secondary school with sixth form situated in Cambridge. It is an independent school that forms part of the Mander Portman Woodward (MPW) group of schools, which also has schools in...