Teaching and learning
Carry out teaching duties in accordance with the academy’s schemes of work and exam board.
Liaise with colleagues to plan and deliver schemes of work in a collaborative way.
To ensure a high quality learning experience by using a range of teaching methods that are appropriate to students’ individual learning needs and syllabus requirements.
Work with assistant teachers and Progress and Achievement Leaders
Set targets for student attainment levels.
Set work for students absent from school.
Demonstrate good practice in the teaching areas of responsibility.
Assessing and reporting
• Record students’ work
• Keep class registers showing student achievement.
• Maintain lesson evaluations.
• Mark and return work within the agreed time span, providing feedback and targets in line with policy
• Provide assessment reports to monitor student progress.
• Liaise with parents and attend consultation evenings.
• Work within the code of practice relating to Special Educational Needs.
• Work within a team of teachers.
• Understand issues relating to the organisation and support structures within the academy.
• Support and uphold the academy’s policies on behaviour, discipline and bullying.
• Develop own work within the subject area.
• Take part in target setting and subject based work.
• Contribute to staff development activities.
• Manage the performance of students and teaching assistants.
Standards and quality assurance
• Support the aims and ethos of the academy
• Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
• Attend and participate in open evenings and student performances.
• Participate in staff training.
• Attend team and staff meetings.
• Develop links with governors.
• Perform any other teaching tasks, as deemed appropriate by your Line Manager
South Axholme Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years
SOUTH AXHOLME ACADEMY
The school is situated in the small ‘town’ of Epworth (pop. 4000) on the A161 Goole to Gainsborough road, three miles from the M180. Doncaster and Scunthorpe are both approximately twelve miles away. Hull, ...