Design & Technology Department at St Bede’s
The vacancy is for a part-time appointment within the range 0.5 to 0.6 teaching design and technology from KS3 to KS5.
This is a rare and exciting opportunity to become a team member in a long established and successful design and technology department. The successful candidate will be instrumental in influencing the next generation of designers and engineers and will have a role in helping to shape the future of the department. They will have input into the curriculum and creating and developing systems. We have three well equipped multi-media workshops with access to a vast selection of hand tools, wood and metal lathes, a milling machine, brazing hearths, sand casting equipment, a MIG welder and a working forge. A graphics room with good IT provision, and a computer suite with a range of CAD/CAM facilities including a laser cutter, a CNC router, 3D printer and vinyl cutters.
The department offers students a range of courses. At KS3 students are introduced to a range of equipment and skills including woodworking, metalwork, electronics, engineering and graphics. At KS4 we teach Product Design GCSE and Vocational Engineering. At KS5 students are offered the freedom of the workshops to develop their design and manufacturing expertise while studying A Level Product Design; as a result many of our students progress to degree level.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a creative, committed and forward thinking person who has the capability to work independently and as part of a team.
Why work for us?
- St Bede's is a good place to work. Staff are friendly and supportive of one another: relationships between staff and pupils were recognised by Ofsted as 'exceptionally strong'.
- NQTs benefit from a well developed and comprehensive induction period programme. More experienced teachers are given the opportunity to participate in training which will help them to develop skills needed for middle and senior management roles.
- There are good on-site catering facilities. Staff are able to use the fitness facilities free of charge and to participate in sports activities.
- Music is a big part of school life and staff are welcome to join our senior choir and instrumental groups.
- We have a social event at the end of each term as well as occasional staff trips to the theatre.
- The school is situated in Redhill, a commuter belt town in the Surrey Fringe area. We are close to the M25 and there are good transport links to London and the South Coast from Redhill station which is about 15 minutes walk from the school. We also benefit from being within walking distance of beautiful countryside . Many staff live locally, others commute from Guildford, South London, Kent and East & West Sussex.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews will take place via video call.
St Bede's School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to the recruitment web site for St Bede's School where you will find details of current vacancies for both Teaching and Support Staff.
Please return to the site at another time if you do not find any suitable vacancies today. We update this p...