MFL department at St Bede’s
The vacancy is for a part-time appointment teaching French, German and/or Spanish, up to KS5. We welcome applications from experienced teachers and also from NQTs who would benefit from an excellent induction period programme and mentoring. We are only able to consider applications from people who have UK Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) or are able to apply for it without further training. You must have the right to work in UK without sponsorship.
We currently offer pupils the option of studying French, German or Spanish in year 7 and continue this into year 8. They will then have an option to take a second language in year 9. All language classes in KS3 are mixed-ability.
Although a foreign language remains optional at KS4, students who are able to, are strongly encouraged to take MFL to GCSE, which means we have healthy numbers with 9 teaching groups in Y10 and Y11. We follow the AQA course and the examination results at GCSE are well above those nationally.
A level courses follow the new AQA syllabus. Again, results are good. We have a departmental office with working space for all and a suite of six specialist classrooms, all equipped with data projectors, connected to a desktop PC, which facilitates lesson delivery via Google Slides and the use of DVD and Internet resources. We also have a trolley of 32 Chrome laptop computers, which can be booked for use in any classroom. We use Expo, Echo and Mira as main course books at KS3. At KS4 we use the new AQA French, German and Spanish GCSE course published by Oxford.
The department is particularly proud of its extra-curricular provision. We have thriving exchange links with schools in France, Germany and Spain and KS5 students are able to participate in a programme of European Work Experience. We also run clubs in Latin and Italian.
Why work for us?
- St Bede's is a good place to work. Staff are friendly and supportive of one another: relationships between staff and pupils were recognised by Ofsted as 'exceptionally strong'.
- NQTs benefit from a well developed and comprehensive induction period programme. More experienced teachers are given the opportunity to participate in training which will help them to develop skills needed for middle and senior management roles.
- There are good on-site catering facilities. Staff are able to use the fitness facilities free of charge and to participate in sports activities.
- Music is a big part of school life and staff are welcome to join our senior choir and instrumental groups.
- We have a social event at the end of each term as well as occasional staff trips to the theatre.
- The school is situated in Redhill, a commuter belt town in the Surrey Fringe area. We are close to the M25 and there are good transport links to London and the South Coast from Redhill station which is about 15 minutes walk from the school. We also benefit from being within walking distance of beautiful countryside . Many staff live locally, others commute from Guildford, South London, Kent and East & West Sussex.
PLEASE NOTE: Interviews will take place via video call.
St Bede's School
- Mainstream school with state - voluntary aided funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to the recruitment web site for St Bede's School where you will find details of current vacancies for both Teaching and Support Staff.
Please return to the site at another time if you do not find any suitable vacancies today. We update this p...