Part-time Teacher of Sociology with Psychology (0.6 FTE)
September 2021 start, Permanent Position
Inner London Teachers’ Scale
We are delighted that you have taken an interest in our teaching vacancy: This is an exciting opportunity to join a successful school with a friendly and supportive staff.
About Lady Margaret School
Lady Margaret School is a Church of England academy for girls aged 11-18 situated on Parsons Green in West London. Established in September 1917, there are currently 775 girls on roll, of whom 179 are in the Sixth Form. It is an outstandingly successful school in welcoming girls of all academic abilities and ensuring that they achieve their full potential. Its success is based on a culture of high expectations and aspirations, excellent standards of teaching and a strong commitment to the Christian ethos. However, it remains an inclusive school and girls from other faiths or those who have no religious beliefs at all are welcomed.
Our exam results reflect the hard work of our staff and students. In 2020, 96% of our girls attained GCSE English and Mathematics at grades 9-4. At A Level, our results are consistently outstanding, with high numbers of girls progressing to a wide range of Higher Education courses. In 2020 84% of grades were A*-B. Students at LMS have an excellent record of securing offers from top universities.
About the Role
We are looking for an inspirational, committed and enthusiastic professional to teach Sociology with Psychology at KS5 on a part-time basis (0.6 FTE) from September 2021. This position is suitable for either an NQT or someone with more experience.
What you can expect from us
· A supportive school that has staff Well-being at its core
· Enthusiastic and engaged students and a culture of high aspirations
· Excellent career progression opportunities in addition to the high quality CPD which is part of our established systems for staff support and development
· A comprehensive benefits package including pension, employee assistance programme and Cyclescheme
· A convenient location served by excellent transport links, close to local amenities and green spaces.
Closing date for applications: Monday, 17th May 2021, 9am
Interviews will be held on: Thursday, 20th May 2021
Early applications are encouraged. Suitable candidates may be interviewed before the closing date and Lady Margaret School reserves the right to withdraw the position if an early appointment is made.
How to apply
Please click on the ‘Quick Apply’ button on our TES listing to fill out an online application form. Alternatively, visit our website to complete our own application form: https://ladymargaret.lbhf.sch.uk/our-school/vacancies.
Lady Margaret School
Parsons Green, South West London
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Girls school with students of age 11 - 18 years