37 hours per week for 38 weeks per year
£18,840 - £22,508 pro rata (dependent upon qualifications)
The post holder will undertake practical instruction and assessment of groups of students and other trainees as required. Some of the role involves providing Instruction and support to learners with learning difficulties and/or special educational needs. As such the successful applicant will have the requisite “soft” skills to be able to successfully communicate and interact with these learners.
Candidates should be educated to at least level 3 in a relevant qualification e.g. Animal Management. Candidates should be able to demonstrate significant professional experience working with a range of animals as well as a real passion and enthusiasm for animals and helping all learners to reach their maximum potential. The post holder will hold an appropriate teaching qualification or be willing to attain one.
With the contractual hours of 37 hours per week for 38 weeks per year, the actual salary including holiday pay is £15,572 - £17,022 per annum.
This post is to be based at the Sparsholt campus.
Closing Date: 14 October 2019
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish and game.
• Access to discounted hair treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices