Manchester Communication Academy serves the community of Harpurhey and its surrounding districts. We are an 11-16 secondary school with a primary school also on site. Close collaboration between the two schools is fundamental to our way of working.
Not only is the Academy committed to offering our students the highest quality learning experience but the Social Investment Department is dedicated to offering opportunities and support to our local families and wider community. Together, our driving force is to mitigate the impact of disadvantage and ensuring that the young people that we serve are equipped and ready to be successful and happy adults who we are proud to know.
Everyone at MCA shares these same values and this is important to us. If you share these values too, then we would love to hear from you!
Why work at MCA
Manchester Communication Academy is fully committed to its ethos with you…for you…about you…Not just for our students but also for all of our staff.
We offer the following:
- Trust, Respect, Honesty and Kindness.
- Excellent career progression routes through a talent management strategy for those who are ambitious and keen to develop.
- We have a half day on a Friday with an hour's training from 1 to 2pm with a variety of teaching and learning communities to participate in.
- A staff well-being group who meet regularly to discuss workload and work-life balance and organise wellbeing and social events.
- Staff can take one 'flexi day' holiday per year
The key qualities we seek are those that demonstrate vision, the ability to work well within a team and to have a flexible approach. In addition to this, a commitment to inclusive education and community cohesion is vital.
Specific Areas of Responsibility:
- To maintain accurate and up to date student information within the schools MIS.
- To take a lead role in the maintenance and updates of the curriculum registers and student timetables (SIMS)
- To support with the administration of the Academy census.
- To ensure parents families eligible for FSM access relevant funding
- Provide relevant and timely information, analysis and reports on student performance. (Contextual, Attendance, Behaviour and Assessment)
- Provide relevant and timely information, analysis and report on pastoral issues which have an impact on student attainment.
- To lead on the delivery of parental reports for the academy (Assessment, Punctuality & Attendance)
- Support the Data performance team with operational data analysis.
- To lead on the academies admission system and academic promotion.
- To lead on the academies removal of students when and where appropriate
- To ensure compliance with the sharing of key information with key stakeholders
- To lead, monitor and record on E-Safeguarding (Staff & Students)
- Other reasonable duties when requested
Your supporting statement should be no more than 2 side of A4, font size 11 and should reference how you meet the criteria on the Job Description/Person Specification.
This role is 37.5 hours per week and term time only.
Closing date for application: midnight 17th October 2018
Manchester Communication Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure for a Regulated Activity via the Disclosure and Barring Service.