Location: Braddon, ACT
Employment Type: Full-time, Fixed-term
Salary Range: ACT Coordinator (1.0) - $130,338 + Superannuation
Start Date: January, 2022
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Thursday 23 September, 2021
Merici College is an all girls’ 7-12 Catholic college committed to excellence in the education of girls, striving to assist all students to develop their potential academically, spiritually, culturally, physically and socially through innovative programs. Merici College is an IB World School, authorized to offer the Diploma Program (Years 11-12) and in the process of candidacy for the Middle Years Program (Year 7-10).
About the Role
We are currently seeking a Pastoral / House Coordinator to join our inclusive and collaborative School community. This position is responsible to the Deputy Principal Development for the leadership of a House and, as a Middle Leader, shares responsibility for promoting the Catholic Ethos of the College and ensuring the pastoral welfare of staff and students.
The Pastoral / House Coordinator, having an essential leadership position in the College, is an exemplary teacher who leads innovation to enhance personal and learning outcomes for all students and works with the Leadership Team and Pastoral teams to develop and implement whole school goals.
- A strong commitment to Catholic education and the promotion of the mission of the Catholic Church;
- Strong professional experience in his/her teaching area/s in particularly in the junior and also senior curriculum development, assessment and reporting;
- The ability to translate high level curriculum planning skills into exciting and stimulating lessons, creating, selecting and using a wide range of resources, including ICT, to engage students in their learning, expand learning opportunities and content knowledge for all students;
- The passion and expertise to work individually and collaboratively with students and staff, to maximise the wellbeing and learning outcomes for each individual student, ensuring programs and teaching strategies are differentiated for the specific learning needs of students across the full range of abilities, including those with a disability;
- Proven skills in working collaboratively and flexibly with colleagues both in planning events and in team teaching situations. This includes the ability to develop and support innovative classroom teachers who are committed to the school’s philosophy of Powerful Learning, growth mindset and brain-based learning;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to facilitate productive and caring relationships with students and staff and to demonstrate responsiveness in all communications with parents/carers about their children’s learning and well-being;
- An ability to work collegially and collaboratively as part of the Leadership and Management Teams, and with the Executive, to plan and implement whole school goals and to effect change;
- Knowledge of the AITSL standards and coaching ability to mentor early career teacher from Graduate to Proficient and encouraging staff to apply for Highly Accomplished and Lead
- Demonstrated commitment to personal growth and to targeted and collaborative professional learning;
- Appropriate qualifications and successful experience as a Coordinator, including Accreditation A, B and C (working towards if not already completed).
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Please note that this full-time position is for an initial two-year period with an opportunity for further extensions. Two further extensions (each of four years) will be offered based on performance outcomes. The position will be underpinned by a permanent (ongoing) teaching position within Catholic Education.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the Position Description
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
Position specific queries: Please contact Lauren Frankham on 02 6243 4100 or via email Lauren.Frankham@merici.act.edu.au
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn