Smart Teachers is recruiting a Pastoral Leader for a flagship private school in the Townsville. Offering excellent facilities, well behaved students and a supportive and fun staff environment, the school seeks suitably qualified secondary teachers for a 2018 start. his will commence 2018 and will be permanent This school is built on a tradition of excellence by providing the highest standard of teaching staff, facilities and co-curricular options possible for students within a caring environment.
About the Role:
Pastoral Leader (House Leader)
Jan 2018 - Permanent
- Implementing a House based Pastoral Care Program
- Responding to pastoral care issues and concerns
- Responding to major pastoral or behavioural incidents within the House as they occur
- Liaising with the Director of Identity to coordinate House and Year Group liturgies
- Liaising with the Learning Enrichment team
- Maintaining rosters of student duties
- Allocating House group prizes and awards
- Authorizing attendance at sickbay and other classroom leaves such as early departure
About the School:
- Well-established reputation within the community
- Supportive leadership team
- State of the art technology, modern and historical facilities, contemporary resources
- Outstanding Professional Development
About the Location:
Ideally located close at the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, the Wet Tropics and the Queensland outback, this vibrant town is a tourism hot spot as well as having a strong community feel. With beautiful weather all year round, it offers one of the most picturesque backdrops in Australia.
In order to be considered for this role you will need to meet the following criteria;
- Be eligible to work in Australia (must have a visa)
- Possess relevant tertiary qualifications in education
- Must be registered or eligible for registration with the Queensland College of Teachers
- Be willing to contribute to co-curricular life and the school community
- Must be respectful of the school values and ethos
- Possess and provide appropriate reference details and police clearances
The Benefits of Working with Smart:
We are a dedicated education recruitment agency that works closely with the independent and Catholic Schools across Australia sourcing talented teachers, leaders and support staff to fill a range of permanent and long term contract roles. We are a company of teachers who are passionate about facilitating the perfect match between school and candidate. We are honest, realistic, and above all we will not waste your time. To find out more about Smart please visit our website
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in Australia and meet all national safeguarding criteria. To apply please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Job Reference number #TES1707-161151SP.
Please include your visa status on your CV or if you hold an Australian or New Zealand passport. Alternatively, if you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 refer a friend scheme. (Terms and conditions apply).
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Please note that your details will not be sent to any school without your consent nor any referees listed on your CV contacted without your permission.