Pastoral Support Officer
KS3 – KS4
£105 - £120 per day
Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications. The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are 6 months working in a behaviour specialist role in a Secondary School.
Dates: April 2021 – July 2021 on a part time or full time basis.
The role involves working as part of the pastoral team in secondary schools in the London Borough of Barnet, North London. Responsibilities will include supporting students’ welfare and learning in addition to being a behaviour mentor within schools. Full and part time work is available.
Work is available in secondary schools across the London Borough of Barnet, North London working with children in KS3 and KS4.
To be considered for the Pastoral Support Officer position, you will:
• Have substantial experience working as a behaviour specialist in Secondary Schools within the last 2 years
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer:
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Pastoral Support Officer with behaviour management experience, who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Smart Teachers, please contact Gabrielle Hobbs on 0207 065 7516 quoting reference GMHPastoral.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place by video call.