Swanlea School is a large, vibrant and thriving secondary school in the centre of London.
We are looking to recruit Pastoral Teaching Assistants to our fantastic Inclusion team. You will be working with our most vulnerable students, supporting a variety of behavioural, emotional, social and medical needs.
To be successful, you will be accustomed to working with pupils in small groups and on a one-to-one basis, or be looking for an opportunity to develop these skills.
As Pastoral Teaching Assistant, you will also need excellent communication and administrative skills, as you will be assisting with the planning and delivery of a highly differentiated curriculum to support our pupils to overcome their barriers to learning and become independent learners.
As a Teaching School, we offer dedicated training to our staff and this post would suit someone who is looking for a route into teaching or supporting young people.
You will be able to demonstrate an unwavering commitment to raising progress and standards and like us, you believe that social disadvantage is no barrier to achievement and that every student can share in the joy of education and attainment. Most importantly, you will possess integrity, good humour and moral purpose.
This role will be working 35 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks per year).
In return, we can offer you the following:
- A competitive salary with inner London weighting and pension scheme;
- A central location within a vibrant, diverse London Borough, with excellent transport links;
- Outstanding facilities and resources;
- Supportive & collegiate staff;
- A supportive and experienced Senior Leadership Team;
- A friendly and diverse student and staff community;
- Discount scheme that offers savings on purchases, including grocery, eating out, entertainment, etc;
- Season ticket loan scheme;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Free eye tests and discounted eye-care scheme;
- Access to confidential emotional and practical advice support services.
To apply, please send your completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9.00am on 15th July 2019.
Interview date: w/c 15th July 2019.
Swanlea School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and references.