Payroll Officer (multiple positions)
Location: Manuka, Canberra
Employment Type: Full-time, 12-months fixed-term (parental leave replacement)
Salary Range: Grade 3 ($69,998 - $76,459 + Superannuation)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Wednesday 3 March 2021
Catholic Education, Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn plays an integral role in education both in the ACT and NSW operating 56 Schools and 8 Early Learning Centres.
About the Role
The Payroll Officer has a dual responsibility within a highly collaboratively and efficient Payroll Team in ensuring the success of a system of school’s payroll. This includes ensuring a high level of accuracy and service in the day-to-day processing, reconciliations and queries.
This position is temporary in nature because the substantive occupant (the incumbent) is taking parental leave. The incumbent is entitled to return earlier to their substantive position in accordance with the Fair Work Act 2009.
We are seeking a collaborative, professional and a well-organised applicant, who are able to establish and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders. You’ll have a solid experience interpreting and working with complex awards/EBA’s/EA’s in a payroll capacity. You’ll have the willingness to take initiative and assist the wider team, whilst maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
Benefits and Opportunities
- Attractive remuneration package
- Opportunities to undertake training and upskilling
- Positive and social work culture
- Demonstrated experience of complex awards/EBA’s/EA’s; payroll related legislation; policies and procedures.
- Good working experience in end-to-end payroll processing and reporting. Experience and working knowledge of EMPOWER would be desirable.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing high quality customer service and maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and proactive contributor within a highly collaborative team.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and adapt to changing work priorities
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake administrative tasks efficiently and complete them in a timely manner
- Willingness to work outside of regular hours, when required
- Proven ability in compiling and analysing payroll data to make recommendations for process improvements (desirable)
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Applicants will be required to submit a covering letter outlining briefly the qualifications, skills and experience section in the Position Description and a current resume.
For further information about the role and Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn please visit the website and position description. If you have any questions contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au.
To be faith filled Catholic learning communities
of hope, joy and wonder where all are welcome
and inspired to grow to their potential
Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn