PE and Psychology
From September 2018 / Full time (MPS)
Dr Challoner's High School is a leading selective state grammar school for girls, with a strong academic tradition and an ambitious outlook for the future. The school has a broad vision for education and is characterised by a highly purposeful pursuit of personal bests with a keen sense of fun bubbling under the surface. Challoner’s girls are articulate, courteous, sparky, hard-working and achieve highly in all areas. The school is graded Outstanding by Ofsted and gained the Exceptional Schools Award.
We are looking for a well qualified, enthusiastic teacher who wants to join our outstanding P.E. and Psychology Faculty. P.E. and Psychology are successful, popular and highly-regarded subjects at Challoner’s High and will be a very rewarding Faculty to join.
Within the Challoner’s High PE and Psychology Faculty you will experience:
· Exceptional students who consistently attain outstanding results and make teaching an absolute pleasure
· Excellent facilities, including IT resources
· A supportive and highly capable and committed teaching team
· Excellent opportunities for professional development, including a proactive and highly regarded CPD programme, supporting the development of newly qualified and more experienced teachers
· London Fringe allowance
· A Level Psychology is an incredibly popular choice with the girls.
· NQTs considered; NQT’s will be paid from 1st July on UQ3 (currently £21,584) until the 1st September when, upon successful completion and acquisition of QTS, will move onto the Main Pay Scale
· Subsidised gym membership; staff discounts at local shops and restaurants in Little Chalfont
· The best advert however for working at Dr Challoner’s High School will always be our hugely rewarding students
Responsible to Head of Department/Faculty
Salary / Allowances applicable MPS (plus London fringe allowance
Start Date September 2018
Application Deadline Monday 19th March 2018
Interview Date Thursday 22nd March 2018
The world is ever changing; Challoner’s Girls will shape that world.
An information pack is available from the Vacancies section of the school website or from firstname.lastname@example.org
Informal visits to the school are welcome
We welcome applications from all sections of the community and those interested in job-sharing.
Dr Challoner’s High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Please refer to our website where you can view our Child Protection and Safeguarding, Recruitment and Equalities
Policies; all of our polices are available at www.challonershigh.com
The successful applicant will be subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure.