The Ecclesbourne School is delighted to offer a fantastic opportunity to join our Sport and Wellbeing Faculty as a PE and Sports Coach. You will be passionate about sport and coaching the next generation to sporting excellence.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A recognised sports coaching qualification
- Experience of coaching young people in a school or club setting
- A commitment to developing sporting participation and healthy lifestyles within the next generation
You will have the opportunity to:
- Become part of a team of like-minded individuals
- Work with colleagues who are friendly, welcoming and committed to ensuring every student receives a first-rate teaching and learning experience
- Work with students who are well behaved, highly motivated and achieve very high standards
- Receive full support for training and professional development
This position is for 37 hours per week for 52 weeks per year. Core hours will total 37 per week, which will consist of daytime, evenings, weekends and school holiday periods. Term-time working and/or part-time will be considered; please state your preference when applying. Salary NJC Pay Scale Point 5, £19,312 per annum (pro rata for part- or term-time hours). Salary may be negotiable for an outstanding candidate and will be commensurate with skills and experience.
We offer 33 days’ paid holiday per year (including statutory and concessionary days) rising to 37 after five years and immediate membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme. Continuity of service recognised for local government employees.
We are a non-selective school and committed to maintaining an all-inclusive community for all students. Children of members of staff, with a minimum of two years’ service at the school at the time of application, are included in our admissions criteria.
The school motto of ‘Integrity, tenacity and service’ is at the core of school life. To learn more about our school, please visit the school website at www.ecclesbourne.derbyshire.sch.uk. If you share our ethos, we look forward to hearing from you.
For further information or help with the application process, please contact: Tina Spencer-Keyse, Director of Human Resources, TSpencer-Keyse@ecclesbourne.derbyshire.sch.uk
To apply, please return, by email to TTSpencer-Keyse@ecclesbourne.derbyshire.sch.uk, a completed Ecclesbourne School application form and letter (no more than two A4 typed sides) which outlines how your previous experience has prepared you for this position and what particular skills you will bring to it. Please note that we do not accept applications by CV.
Closing date: 9am on Monday 11th October 2021
It is anticipated that interviews will be held on Thursday 30th September 2021.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students and employment will be conditional on satisfactory safeguarding checks and an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service clearance prior to employment.
The Ecclesbourne School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
The Ecclesbourne School in Duffield, Derbyshire is exceptional. Rated outstanding in four successive Ofsted reports we provide an excellent education within a happy, purposeful atmosphere. We are a non-selective school and committed to ma...