We are seeking to appoint a dynamic individual to this new post at Queen Elizabeth’s High School. The successful candidate will add value to the department through their administrative, communication and organisational skills.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a forward thinking and progressive department. The role would be suited for an individual who has a desire to become a physical education teacher in the future. There will be loads of opportunities to develop your teaching, pedagogy and subject knowledge within the role with continual professional development available.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Keep a regular stocktake of PE department equipment and liaise with Head of department if anything needs replacing or ordering.
- The candidate will also be expected to participate in departmental meetings and taking minutes.
- Support the PE department within lessons, with focus on GCSE and A Level lessons to continue to development our outstanding academic results.
- Assist and develop teaching and learning resources.
- Help prepare equipment and resources for lessons.
- Helping with the organisation and running of events such as sports presentation evening, sports days, inter-school district competitions, open days and house sport events
- Creating and updating information display boards around the PE department and within the PE classrooms.
- Contribute to the school’s programme of extra-curricular activities including both clubs and fixtures
- Cover PE lessons when there are staff absences
- Undertake other reasonable duties related to the job purpose required from time to time.
The PE department currently comprises:
- Mr Josh Burge – Head of PE
- Mrs Hannah Heathershaw (P/T) – 2nd in charge of PE
- Mrs Jayne Baldwin (also Head of Austen)
- Mr Tom Johnson (also Head of Elgar and Outdoor Education Coordinator)
- Mr Aaron Fearn
- Miss Sadie Snowden (P/T)
The successful candidate will work 12 hours per week for 38 weeks per year (two days per week/term time only). On occasions the postholder may be asked to join trips which are run out of term time. This will be a temporary, one year appointment. This post has been graded G4:9 which equates to £5,158 per annum.
This will certainly be a busy and demanding role, however the postholder will be working with a strong, committed and mutually supportive team.
If you would like to know more about the PE department please check us out on twitter @QEHSPE or contact Mr Josh Burge (Head of PE) via the school office.