The British School in The Netherlands are seeking a full-time teacher of Physical Education to join the busy PE department at the Leidschenveen campus, Den Haag across both our Junior and Senior schools. The successful candidate will contribute to the development and delivery of the school’s vision & values and will be expected to make a significant contribution to the extra curricular programme.
The PE department aims to develop an intrinsic love of sport and physical activity by delivering engaging and challenging lessons that enable students to develop the skills and knowledge needed to access sport. We use sport and physical activity to develop positive character traits, developing our students holistically and equipping them with the skills to overcome future challenges.
The excellent on-site facilities include two large sports halls, a fitness suite, astro turf and access to both grass and 4G pitches. You will be supported by a friendly and forward thinking cohort of teachers.
We require a person with the following essential criteria:
• Bachelor’s degree and QTS (with Physical Education specialisation);
• Minimum of 2 years full time teaching in the UK National Curriculum;
• The ability to create engaging and challenging lessons;
• Prepared to teach across all Key Stages and to adapt your teaching style and practice to meet the needs of learners;
• Prepared to contribute to the extra-curricular sports programme.
The following criteria is desirable:
• Experience teaching FS, KS1 & KS2 and/or KS3 & KS4;
• Experience teaching GCSE PE;
• Experience teaching IB Sport & Health Science.
As one of Europe’s premier British international schools, the BSN is a vibrant, diverse and well-established employer. We offer challenging and rewarding careers, where professional development is encouraged.
Further information regarding our school is available via this brochure :
If you are interested in this opportunity, apply by clicking the link to our website. Please attach a CV and motivational letter detailing your experience to date and why you are interested in this position.
Applications must be received by: Sunday, 16 May 2021
Contract start date: September 2021
Interviews will take place: week commencing, 24 May 2021
British School in the Netherlands, Junior School Leidschenveen
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years
Children from every corner of the world learn, play, and make friends, each and every day on our campus. It is our aim that the children who come to JSL are happy, engaged learners who make a positive contribution to their friendships, their family, ...