Due to school growth and an increasing number of students, the Arbor School are hiring teaching staff for August 2019.
This is an opportunity to join the team of a premium school in Dubai, operating to the English National Curriculum and emphasising a core philosophy centred upon ecological education, education for sustainability and inclusion. The facilities are outstanding, and include six bio-domes, learning gardens and extensive provision for both sports and the arts.
We therefore seek exceptionally hard working and motivated teachers, who view the school as an opportunity to take an important role in shaping a truly outstanding and unique education. We are looking to recruit teachers who are willing to go that extra mile, and who can form excellent relationships with colleagues, parents and students. All our staff shall play a key role in fulfilling the school's mission in ensuring that the Arbor School fosters a positive, caring and compassionate learning environment, which is anchored by a deep sense of environmental justice and sustainability.
Supported by an experienced management team, the applicants will provide vision and leadership to the learning community and support a wide range of abilities with the help of on-site scientific, linguistic and learning-support/intervention expertise.
The Arbor School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to CV and qualification checking, interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
Required Candidate profile:
- First language English speaker
- Bachelor's degree in Education or a Bachelor's degree with a Postgraduate Certificate in Education with QTS in Physical Education
- Extra coaching badges would be a plus
- A successful track record in teaching and learning and an ability to create a caring and nurturing classroom environment
- An appreciation for environmentalism and values-based education
- A sense of humour and excellent work ethic.
All positions attract a generous remuneration package including a competitive salary, accommodation allowance, schooling for children, private medical insurance, annual airfares and end of contract gratuity as per UAE labour law.
To apply for this position please ensure the following documents are sent to email@example.com for the attention of the Principal, Mr. Charles Grayhurst.
· An up to date CV with photograph included
· A letter of application, no longer than two pages in length, which outlines your educational philosophy and suitability for a role at The Arbor School.
Interviews shall be held in London/Manchester, UK during January 2019.
The Arbor School reserves the right to appoint a candidate before the termination of the advertisement date, so early applications are encouraged.
All appointments are subject to KHDA approval.