Performing Arts Teacher for Middle Years with preferred additional experience of teaching in other areas of Middle Years such as English, humanities and/or citizenship. The ability to support adolescent students through pastoral care is also desirable.
To support Panaga School in an exciting phase of development, we are seeking an inspirational and ambitious Performing Arts teacher keen to shape the future of the Middle Years department. Applicants should be able to deliver high-quality education in their specialist area and be a strong team member who is able to work cross curricular with other subject teachers. It would be preferred that at least one other subject could be taught, preferably English, humanities and/or citizenship.
Panaga School has a reputation for high-quality student learning. In the Middle Years, the school follows Key Stage 3 of the National Curriculum for England, with NXplorers and UN Sustainable Development Goals deeply embedded in the curriculum through cross curriculum teaching.
At Primary level, the school follows the International Early Years Curriculum (IEYC), the International Primary Curriculum (IPC) and the National Curriculum for England, for English and Mathematics.
Interested applicants will need:
- A degree, or post-graduate qualification in education
- Experience of teaching at Middle Years and/or Secondary level
- Experience of teaching in more than one specialist area preferred, specifically Performing Arts and English/Humanities or Citizenship
- A passion for learning, with experience of current best-practice and a commitment to delivering high-quality education
- An ability to work in a location that is part of a close-knit international community
- An understanding of the needs of a company school
- A desire to be part of a strong team ethos
- Energy, adaptability and humour
- Internationally minded
Panaga School offers exciting professional challenges for teachers who share the school’s vision of:
‘Maximising student’s learning in ways which enables them to achieve high social, personal and academic standards, enjoy learning, adapt to other education systems and develop both a national and international perspective.’
In addition to working in a learning-focused, forward-thinking and supportive company school, you will be remunerated with a competitive package, including:
- A competitive tax-free salary and an additional annual performance bonus
- Company provided accommodation with minimal utilities charges
- Comprehensive international private medical cover, (BUPA)
- Significant relocation assistance for applicant and all family members
- Free at Panaga School education for dependent children from 2 years of age (from 1st September of the academic year) and up to the age of 13 years of age. For children aged 13 years and above, schooling options and subsides are available (where applicable). Package details provided at interview.
Employment terms will be on a two-year contract with an extension option.
If you are successful, you will be asked to apply for an enhanced check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (you can find further details here) or for a police check/clearance from your home/resident country.
Offers of employment are subject to visa requirements and local rules and legislation. A final offer of employment will be conditional upon a satisfactory police check, medical check and visa approval.
To learn more about Panaga School, please visit our website.
To apply please follow this link and download an application form.
Completed application forms should be returned with a CV or résumé and a Personal Statement to: email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 21st March, at 12.00 UK time.
We encourage early applications as Skype interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis.
To learn more about the Shell affiliated group of schools please go here