Peripatetic Acoustic/Electric/Bass Guitar Teacher
ARK Acton Academy
Salary : £28 per hour
This is an exciting opportunity to join a school at the beginning of its rapid improvement Journey. You will be joining a dedicated team of staff lead by a Principal who has a proven success record.
Applications are invited for an enthusiastic peripatetic teacher of Guitar to join the Music department at Ark Acton Academy. The post is currently half a day of teaching but with the view to increasing student uptake of instrumental lessons.
Lessons are taught as either 20 minutes or 30 minutes per week, with 10 lessons being taught per term at a rate of £28 per hour. Peripatetic teachers are expected to create and manage their own times, monitored by the Head of Music, therefore excellent organisational skills are essential.
About the school:
AAA was described as ‘among the highest performing schools in the country for Music’ following our excellent GCSE Music results in 2018.
We are looking for:
• An experienced teacher of guitar
• A teacher who can support Year 10 and Year 11 Music students in their performance work which forms part of their GCSEBTEC Performance Unit.
• Experience of teaching in a mixed secondary school setting
• Excellent organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to teach both Western Classical Music and Popular Music
• A flexible teacher who can adapt to the different learning styles and needs of our pupils
• Ability to commit to the same day/time each in order to maintain consistency for pupils
• The ability to lead a rock band will be advantageous but not essential.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Strong candidates may be invited to interview before the closing date.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.