Academy: Leeds City Academy
Job Title: Personal Assistant to the Principal (Maternity Cover)
Grade: C1.12 – C3.22 £22,183 - £27,041
Hours: 37 hours per week, all year round
Accountable to: Academy Business Manager
This is an extremely exciting time to be joining Leeds City Academy, one of the most rapidly improving schools within the Leeds area and county of West Yorkshire. We are an 11-16 academy and one of four schools within the White Rose Academies Trust, a Trust recognised nationally for its ground-breaking and transformational impact on the lives of the young people it serves. The academy had a Section 5 Inspection in May 2019 achieving an overall Good judgement with Leadership and Management judged as Outstanding.
Our highly motivated and talented students are at the very centre of everything we do and the shared mission of all our stakeholders is to work ‘In Partnership’ in securing the aspirations and ambitions of every one of our young people. Our academy is a unique and truly inspirational place to work, enhanced by our wonderful students who come from a diverse range of cultures, heritage and experiences; a significant proportion of students speak English as an additional language.
Our CPD training programme is highly respected by staff at the academy and is further enhanced by the various opportunities for professional development in all sectors.
Please apply if you wish to work for a Multi Academy Trust which values and supports the next move in your career. Come and join us on our journey to becoming World Class.
Role: The Personal Assistant to the Principal will provide a confidential secretarial service, ensuring that the Principal is briefed for all meetings with relevant correspondence, documents/presentations and that the Principals diary is kept up to date and accurate. Please note this is post is a maternity cover until the return of the post holder.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To initiate, organise and manage all aspects of the Principal’s and senior leadership team’s business to ensure the effective running of the Academy
- To respond to emails, written correspondence and telephone calls on behalf of the Principal and senior leadership team as requested, using own initiative to take action on standard administrative and secretarial matters
- To deal with enquiries from parents, students, staff, governors, external organisations including feeder schools and prospective parents and pupils, on a wide range of issues
- To act as the first line of response to other internal and external enquiries directing them to other internal staff as appropriate
- To work closely with the Principal/senior leadership team, including arranging appointments, organising meetings and events and managing the Principal and senior leadership team’s diaries
- To meet and greet visitors, interview candidates and other Academy guests and arrange any hospitality required
- To produce high quality reports, letters and other correspondence for the Principal and senior leadership team
- To collect, open, sort and distribute the Principal’s post and outgoing correspondence
- To develop and maintain a suitable filing system for SLT as appropriate to meet need
- Maintain the Teaching and Learning database ensure it is up to date as well as overseeing the filing and admin responsibilities
- Following each data collection, maintain the updates of the Academy Development Plan received from Data Manager and forward to staff, governors and external agencies as requested
- To develop and maintain a bring-forward system for correspondence and review of pending files on a regular basis for the Principal and senior leadership team ensuring that the Principal and senior leadership team has all relevant documentation when attending meetings
Part of the White Rose Academies Trust - the most rapidly improved family of schools in the region - Leeds City Academy is accelerating on a thrilling journey, which will ultimately see the school, its staff and its students achieve ‘World Class’ status.
We're securing our 2025 vision for World Class by growing our family of exceptional education professionals; dedicated specialists and passionate leaders with the shared goal of transforming future prospects for the next generation of West Yorkshire.
We provide exceptional life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local Trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students.
The Trust employs over 450 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Our CPD Programme is focused on innovation, leadership development and delivery of excellence for vulnerable groups. Our Beginner Teacher Programme is amongst the best in the region. We are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as World Class within five years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a member of Luminate Education Group, other members include Harrogate College, Keighley College, Leeds City College and Leeds Conservatoire. The Group provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
Closing date: 20th September 2021 – 9.00 am
Shortlisting date: 20th September 2021
Interview date: Thursday 23rd September 2021
Start date: Monday 1st November 2021
For more information, please visit our website at www.leedscityacademy.org.uk . To apply, please complete our application form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date. Please note we are unable to accept CVs.
The White Rose Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and expects all staff and volunteers to share the commitment. Appointments will be subject to Safer Recruitment Procedures and a DBS check.
Leeds City Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years