Colne Valley High School, Huddersfield
Personal Development Co-ordinator
37 hours a week
Term time + 5 additional days (39 weeks)
To start – ASAP
Salary - £20,061 per annum (FTE £23,080)
Colne Valley High School is one of the first purpose built comprehensive schools in England; founded in 1956 and is located in the Colne Valley, an area of outstanding beauty in the east flank of the Pennine Hills in West Yorkshire. Easily accessible from Manchester, Huddersfield, Leeds and surrounding areas.
In September 2019, Ofsted judged the school to be ‘Good’ in all four categories. This judgement reflects the significant progress and incredible journey by the school since the previous inspection in June 2017.
‘Pupils and parents appreciate the improvements in behaviour and learning.’
‘Staff and pupils have positive relationships with each other.’
‘Pupils and parents praise the help that adults give pupils when they have a problem.’
‘Parents are happy with their children’s move from primary school into Year 7.’
Maintaining high levels of behaviour and student engagement within the Academy is a key part of our approach to improving educational attainment and our Personal Development team play a crucial role is ensuring this happens.
A Personal Development Co-ordinator will maintain an effective and efficient behaviour system to ensure students are engaging positively in Academy life and achieving their target grades.
The role is extremely varied and some of the duties of a PD co-ordinator are listed below:
• Assisting with the day to day management of the ‘on-call’ system, isolation room and detention system.
• Maintaining a high profile around the Academy to actively ensure that appropriate student behaviour is maintained.
• Working closely with the Senior Team, Achievement Co-ordinators and Heads of Faculties to reduce ‘fixed term’ exclusions.
• Liaising confidently with parents/carers in relation to the Personal Development system.
• Encouraging high levels of expectations in students and promoting our RITA values.
• Monitoring the one-way systems in corridors daily.
• Liaising with the Senior Team, SENCO and Heads of Faculties regarding patterns of student behaviour.
What you’ll get in return
• A supportive and welcoming school who value the work life balance of our staff.
• A school who work collaboratively across all departments to ensure we get the very best out of each and every one of our students.
• A fantastic Wellbeing Centre run by a trained counsellor and Safeguarding Manager; accessible for both staff and students providing high quality and skilled personalised support.
Closing date: Monday 27th September 2021.
Interviews will be held as soon as possible after this date.
Colne Valley High School
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 16 years