Wellington Primaries are seeking to recruit a Primary School Teacher from January 2022 or earlier. The role will involve taking on an additional responsibility of Phase Leader (Years 4 to 6) working across both of our Primary Schools.
The purpose of the role is to:
- Carry out the professional duties of a teacher as circumstances may require and in accordance with the Wellington Primaries’ policies under the direction of the Head of School.
- Own overall responsibility for the professional leadership and management of the Years 4 to 6 in order to ensure high standards of teaching and learning, the efficient use of resources and that the curriculum is managed and developed in accordance with the Wellington Academies’ policy.
As an organisation we are committed to providing exceptional continuous professional development in order to effectively support all staff and secure the best learning environment for our students. To this end we ensure that our staff are fully resourced with access to the latest technology. Our ambition for our primary schools is to provide an outstanding education for all its students, regardless of background or ability.
Our values are:
- Excellence through rigorous learning of key skills within a rich and broad curriculum
- Holistic learning by developing the whole child
- Innovation in the way we teach and learn
- Collaboration with parents, the Wellington Family of schools, the military community and local primaries.
We are looking for a teacher who is:
- Creative and forward thinking
- Committed to developing children as thinkers and developing a growth mindset
- Able to develop cross-curricular approaches to learning
- Excited and inspired by their work
- Experienced in teaching across the primary age range
- Able to work in partnership with all staff
- Has proven experience of leadership in a school environment.
We can offer you:
- A brilliant building which offers the very best in facilities both to children and adults
- A friendly environment where everyone is valued
- An exciting curriculum
- Supportive colleagues and parents.
All applicants must apply using the Trust application form, available with more details from our website.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
If you believe you have the commitment and desire to work in an environment which values all staff as well as setting the highest standards and expectations then please apply using the Trust application form, available with more details from our website.
Closing date: Midday, Friday 24 September 2021
Wellington Schools is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people, vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We particularly welcome applications from underrepresented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion. Please note any position that involves working with children requires a declaration if ALL convictions and cautions regardless of whether these are deemed as ‘spent’. An enhanced DBS check will be carried out before any employment commences.
References will be obtained before the interview, at the shortlisting stage, and will be used as part of the interview process. If previous employment has included working with children, then at least one reference must be from this employment, regardless of whether this is the current employer. Any gaps in employment must be detailed and an explanation provided in the relevant section.
Wellington Primary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years
Wellington College, Berkshire is proud to have been chosen to run the new primary Academy that is being created by the local authority in Tidworth, Wiltshire, to accommodate the rapidly growing population in the town. The new primary Academy will joi...