The Principal and Board of Directors of the British School of Geneva invite applications for teaching roles from summer 2021.
Founded in 2005, BSG occupies a unique place on the landscape of private education in the Geneva region as the only school to offer the full English National Curriculum from EYFS through to A Levels, and the only international school to offer A-Levels to students of all nationalities and educational backgrounds. Today, the school welcomes around 220 students from over 70 nationalities in its bright, spacious, built-for-purpose premises. BSG is a day school only and employs approximately 50 teachers and administrators.
Students are the life-blood of any school, and at BSG all teachers, managers and administrators are committed to helping every one of them thrive and confidently attain their full potential. The concepts of inclusion, respect, motivation and achievement are fundamental and permeate every aspect of school life.
BSG has a declared and practised policy of inclusion and welcomes children with different levels of ability across the age range. Strong Board support ensures that appropriate and adequate resources are in place to provide the required individual care and attention to all students. In addition, and as part of this commitment, class sizes are limited to 18 students in the Primary and Secondary sections, and 14 students per class in Sixth Form.
Teacher of Physical Education across all year groups
The successful candidate will:
- Hold a recognised teaching certification (PGCE, BEd or equivalent) and have relevant teaching experience
- Have sound knowledge of the English National Curriculum
- Be a team player willing to contribute to whole-school development and extra-curricular events and activities
- Be friendly, energetic, flexible and open-minded, and will have excellent communication skills
- Be an enthusiastic team member, able to work independently and proactively with Management, administrators, teachers, students and their families
- Be passionate about supporting and encouraging the whole child, and will have experience working with children in a multicultural environment; specific experience as a Form Tutor/providing pastoral support is a definite asset
- Have a particular interest in and experience with children with special needs
- Have a high level of written and spoken English. Basic knowledge of French would be an asset
- Have demonstrated a hands-on approach and participation in a range of aspects of school life
Candidates are requested to send their CV along with a cover letter to:
firstname.lastname@example.org by 9th April, clearly mentioning subject(s) taught in their email application.
All applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
The British School of Geneva (BSG)
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 18 years