The aim of Think Academy is to educate, empower, and enable all students to become caring citizens who can succeed in an ever-changing world. Think Academy is committed to focusing on high expectations and individual academic success and to creating a community of respect and responsibility.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, energetic and committed teacher of Physics to be part of a growing school in Hong Kong.
Applications are invited from colleagues with a minimum of two years full time teaching experience who can demonstrate a proven record of outstanding teaching and learning and secure understanding of the National Curriculum/GCSE/IGCSE/IBDP.
- Hold a relevant degree and PGCE or BEd with QTS.
- Have a minimum of 2 years classroom experience.
- Have the ability and proven commitment to being an outstanding, passionate and innovative classroom teacher.
- Inspire, challenge, support and empower students and colleagues towards excellence.
- Show commitment to the wellbeing and pastoral care of all students.
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish good working relationships across the school community.
- Demonstrate excellent communication in English (written and spoken) and presentation skills.
- Be able to respond positively and proactively to the challenges of a rapidly developing school.
- Have excellent administrative, organisational and ICT skills.
Successful candidates will be offered:
- A fixed term up to 2 years contract with the option to extend on completion of the first term.
- Competitive salary.
- Single air fare provided at beginning and end of employment to the country of residence.
- Five days hotel accommodation provided at start of contract.
- Baggage allowance.
- 80% tuition fees covered for primary and secondary school and 50% for kindergarten.
Think Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Interviews will be held via Skype.
Successful applicants will take up their position in mid-August 2018.
A current CV, including recent photograph and two professional references should also be included and emailed together with the letter of application of no more than two A4 sides to firstname.lastname@example.org.