Qatar International School is a 3-18 international school that operates a British system of Education based on the National Curriculum of England and Wales.
The school is led by a team of experienced British trained professionals. Qatar International School has an outstanding reputation in Doha and results are well above the national average for Qatar as well as the international average for similar schools
This successful school based in central Doha has a strong leadership team, offers excellent teaching facilities and small class sizes (around 22 students in each class)
A high percentage of students successfully apply to universities across the world.
Our Science Department
Our Science Department is a supportive and highly accomplished team of 15, who teach across the science disciplines at KS3. We have subject specialists for Cambridge IGCSE and Edexcel IAL/IAS at KS5.
Following a recent restructure of the curriculum we have moved to a two-year KS3 and developed a transition into IGCSE programme for Year 9. The benefit of small classes with well-motivated students has contributed to successful results in the science department, with students achieving awards for the highest IGCSE Cambridge results in Biology, Physics, and Chemistry both nationally and internationally.
We have 13 well equipped science labs, five of which include electronic boards, and we are supported by three professional lab technicians.
Doha is the capital city and central focus of Qatar. The city has a large proportion of expats and as a result is extremely diverse.
Qatar offers a warm, sunny climate throughout the year.
Expats can visit the souqs for spices and traditional clothing, enjoy local food and drinks in the streets. There are various modern malls throughout the city.
There are also many modern areas in Doha to visit in the evenings including international restaurants offering excellent food.
We are proud to be one of the best international schools in the world. For the academic year beginning September 2019, we’re looking for an outstanding Physics Teacher to join our friendly, professional and highly successful secondary team.
As a successful candidate, you’ll be offered a highly competitive employment package, plus ample opportunity for career development. You will also become part of a genuinely supportive, ambitious and motivated team. In return, you’ll use your extensive qualifications, skills and experience to deliver fantastic learning opportunities for our students.
If you are an enthusiastic and well-qualified teacher from the UK – able to teach your subject to A Level – we’d love to hear from you.
You’ll be responsible for planning and delivering high quality lessons that engage and challenge your students. You’ll have high standards and expectations in every element of your work.
As a BSO accredited school we can accept applications from outstanding newly-qualified teachers (NQTs), whom we can support through to QTS sign-off.
The post requires all successful applicants to have recent experience of delivering the National Curriculum in the British System, preferably with a minimum of two years.
To be considered for a vacancy, you should:
- Hold relevant educational qualifications (typically a good degree and a PGCE) from a reputable UK university.
- Have experience of teaching your subject to A Level.
- Be keen to develop your career, supported by our world-class professional development opportunities.
- Genuinely love what you do – showing enthusiasm, creativity and energy.
- Be a real team player, always prepared to go the extra mile and support your colleagues as we reach our goal: to become the best International School in the world.
Highly competitive tax-free package including accommodation, flights, generous paid annual leave, travel allowance and comprehensive private medical insurance
- Tax free -Teaching salary paid in Qatari Riyals.
- This equates to a yearly tax-free salary dependent on exchange rate and teaching experience.
- Furnished accommodation and utilities allowances included.
- Transport allowance and benefits including excellent private health cover.
Applicants must be UK qualified teachers with a relevant teaching qualification including QTS.
The school can consider applications from strong Newly Qualified Teachers.
How to apply
Please send your CV and supporting letter addressed to the Principal, Mr Deane Baker:
- Letter of Application: 2 pages maximum
- CV (maximum of three pages - to include VISA details)
- A recent photo
- A list of at least three referees - the list should include their names, positions, current email addresses and phone number. One of your referees must be from your present school or employer
Please log on to this site to watch our concise recruitment videos on page 1 and page 2 to find out more about our school and view our accommodation. http://www.hays.co.uk/jobs/qis/
Please call Penny Kontopyrghou on 00447595 968 600 for more information or email your CV and questions to QIS.email@example.com
Please send your application including a CV and supporting letter to QIS.firstname.lastname@example.org including the following information for VISA purposes
- Date of birth
- Marital status
- Your Nationality
- Number of dependants
- If applicable the Nationality of your Wife/Husband/ Nationality of your children