The Physics Teacher will report to the Senior Management / Assistant Principal (Academic). He/she will be responsible for contributing to the development of the subject at all levels throughout the school. He/she needs to possess good organisational skills and also be an enthusiastic, energetic and innovative teacher, committed to flexible and varied styles of teaching and in sympathy with the aims and objectives of this bilingual school.
The post holder will be part of a team of specialist science teachers, which is expected to grow in size considerably as student numbers increase. He/she will be closely involved in the development of Physics at all levels throughout the school.
• a high quality degree with Physics as the sole or major focus
• a formal teaching qualification
• at least two years’ teaching experience
• Native level of English;
• Minimum two years’ Physics teaching experience and the capability of teaching Physics to all age groups 11-18;
• Ability to communicate in English with pupils, colleagues and parents, with support for interpretation into Chinese where necessary, and to build strong relationships with all members of the school community;
• Ability to work collaboratively;
• Familiarity with various teaching resources including, where appropriate, digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning;
• Sensitivity to the cultural differences found in China and the willingness to develop and maintain a cross-cultural approach to work;
• A willingness and commitment to contribute fully to the life of the pupils and school beyond the academic day, including active participation in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes;
• Experience of A-Level or IGCSE students will be beneficial.
For more detail information of the Job Description and Person Specification of the role, please kindly find the attached JD - Teacher of Physics.
The 2021-2022 academic year school calendar is still in process. The 2020-2021 academic year school calendar is attached for your reference.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- B. Ed or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden or United Kingdom.
- References, Criminal background check, Medical check
- Over 24 and below 60 years of age
Shanghai Concord Bilingual School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 18 years
Shanghai Concord Bilingual School (SCBS) is unique in being the only bilingual school in the prestigious HuangPu District, right in the very heart of Shanghai. Our students, parents and staff choose the school not only for its convenient location but...