The Dean Close Foundation is currently seeking to recruit an experienced commercial heating engineer/plumber to work within a busy maintenance team. Reporting to the DCF Maintenance Manager. The candidate will be responsible for undertaking various planned and reactive maintenance tasks as well as new installations, working together to achieve a high level of service to all our pupils and staff. This role will cover all DCF properties including St. John's on the Hill Prep School, Chepstow and satellite nurseries.
Working as part of the Estates Department, you will be responsible for delivering high quality plumbing installations, repairs and maintenance.
• Must be able to assess a job, obtain quote for materials to prevent any delay in maintenance delivery
• Fault find and repair faults on gas, oil and LPG systems
• To carry out full heating installations as directed by the DCF Maintenance Manager.
• Be able to replace boilers if original units are beyond economical repair
• Must have a full set of hand tools, all power tools and safety equipment will be provided by the School, but looked after by the user
• Carry out routine maintenance and servicing on boilers and related accessories
• Attend and respond to repairs and problems in a prompt and efficient manner
• Carry out any requested task as part of the Works team
• Adhere to the Health and Safety protocols in place
• Ensure appropriate PPE is worn when necessary and escalate any risks to the DCF Maintenance Manager
• Participate in the on call rota as directed by the DCF Maintenance Manager
• Attend training for the better performance of your duties and as directed by the DCF Maintenance Manager
• Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the DCF Maintenance Manager or Senior Management
• Must never work under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Any drugs taken for ill health must be notified to your employer
• Must Hold a City & Guilds 6188 Qualification or equivalent
• Attend Gas Safe Certification courses as required
• Experience working within an Industrial, Commercial and Domestic environment
• Experience in fault finding and rectification
• Must be willing to assist other trades across the department when required and directed by the DCF Maintenance Manager
• Be able to work in a clean and tidy manner
• Be security conscious at all times
• Be Loyal, honest, trustworthy and reliable
• Enthusiastic, highly motivated and well-organised
• Confident, proactive with a helpful and flexible approach
• Able to demonstrate initiative and creativity
• Ability to work well in a team and alone, with minimum supervision, maintaining a professional and enthusiastic approach, even in inclement weather
• Ability to communicate effectively with Academic staff and all colleagues
• Sufficient physical fitness and dexterity to cope with often strenuous work in poor conditions
• Ability to remain motivated even whilst carrying out often repetitive tasks
• Strong desire to improve knowledge
• Full driving licence
Full job description, person specification and terms and conditions can be viewed in the attached job description.
Dean Close Foundation reserves the right to update this Job Specification at any time.
How to Apply
Please use TES Quick Apply. Any queries regarding the role should be submitted to email@example.com
Applications will be considered as they are received, and the Foundation reserves the right to appoint at any time in the process.
Dean Close Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection and screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
The Dean Close Foundation
- English secondary schools