Information for applicants
Applications must be limited to a one-page summary sheet and detailed resume.
The NTPS values diversity and aims for a workforce that represents the community. The NTPS encourages people from all diversity groups to apply for vacancies. For more information about applying for this position and the merit process, go to the OCPE website.
Under the agency’s Special Measures Recruitment Plan eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (Aboriginal) applicants will be granted priority consideration for this vacancy. For more information on Special Measures, go to the OCPE website.
Assist the department to operate within legislative frameworks through the planning, development/review and implementation of industrial/employee relations policy and supporting documentation.
Key duties and responsibilities:
• Identify and research policy issues.
• Analyse policy options and devise potential solutions to critical problems.
• Engage and collaborate with a range of policy stakeholders.
• Develop and review policy in line with lifecycle or as identified.
• Implement, monitor and evaluate policy.
• Provide high quality advice on general policy matters and conditions of service.
• Provide administrative and secretariat support to the work unit, specifically scheduling, preparing agendas and minutes and coordinating/preparing information and papers for committees and regular meetings.
1. Experience in policy planning, development/review and implementation related to industrial/employee relations or similar;
2. A working knowledge of relevant employment legislation and enterprise agreements or the ability to acquire such knowledge quickly;
3. Demonstrated high level oral and written communication skills, including the ability to think analytically and to provide clear advice;
4. Good analytical, research and organisational skills;
5. Demonstrated working knowledge and experience in providing administrative and secretariat support for committees;
6. Relevant personal attributes including a focus on outcomes, creative problem solving, initiative, flexibility, sensitivity and discretion; and
7. Knowledge of records and information management, with demonstrated experience utilising document management systems.
1. Working knowledge of HR operating systems relating to personnel.
Approved: February 2021 Jasmin Aldenhoven, Executive Director Agency Operations
Department of Education, Northern Territory Government