Coxlease School, Clay Hill, Lyndhurst, Hampshire, SO43 7DE
Hours: 37.5 per week - term time only
Due to the continued development and expansion of our Post 16 provisions which are part of the services offered by Priory Lyndhurst and Coxlease School, an opportunity has arisen for a new Learning Support Assistant within this field.
Coxlease School, based in the heart of the new forest is an ‘Outstanding’ school which caters for pupils with Emotional, Social and Mental Health needs (ESMH), and who can present with significantly challenging behaviours.
The current Learning Support Assistant role will be based across our Post 16 provision, The Hub in Totton, The Skills centre in New Milton and will also include support in local college's including Brockenhurst College, City College Southampton and Sparsholt College. The role will involve elements of lone working and travelling between sites, so a manual driving licence is essential for this post.
The role will require flexibility in the working day as start and finish times may vary.
The role will include:
- Academic support for learners including the support and implementation of Literacy and Numeracy curriculums;
- Support for learners accessing external providers (local college provisions);
- Work and support in vocational activities including Vocational Studies (New Milton), Catering and Hospitality (New Milton) and Construction (Totton).
The school is looking for someone that:
- Has excellent communication skills;
- Has excellent literacy and numeracy skills;
- Is resilient to the challenges of working with pupils with SEN;
- Has a good sense of humour.
In return we will offer you:
- A comprehensive training package including scheduled ongoing face to face training and CPD planning;
- Company pension scheme plus a great benefits package;
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development;
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage.
For all roles we require a minimum of two references. References provided must cover the last 3 years, for all of our services we will need to request all references from where you have worked with either Children or Vulnerable Adults. Please be advised that references may be requested prior to interview for roles within our schools.
From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
Priory Education Services is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All applicants must be willing to undergo safeguarding screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and disclosures with the relevant body at an enhanced level. We are an equal opportunities employer. Priory Education and Children's services will cover the cost of a DBS.
- Special needs with independent funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 9 - 19 years
Coxlease School is an independent specialist day school, located near Lyndhurst, Hampshire, The School enjoys a beautiful setting in the heart of the New Forest.
The school is well situated for easy access across to many areas of s...