Brighton College is one of England’s leading independent schools, located at the heart of the country’s most vibrant city.
We have an exciting opportunity for enthusiastic Sports Science graduates to join the thriving Sports Department at our school as Assistant Sports Teachers. We are looking for people who are passionate about sport and wish to share that passion with enthusiastic and energetic young people.
The posts will initially be for one year but could be extended for the right candidates, and would suit those considering a teaching career, though no teaching experience or qualification is required.
The posts may involve some or all of the following tasks:
- Coaching and running teams as appropriate in Cricket, Football, Hockey, Netball and Rugby;
- Officiating as appropriate in Cricket, Football, Hockey, Netball and Rugby;
- Team teaching and assisting experienced subject teachers in classroom situations;
- Teaching small groups in specialised topic areas;
- Running or assisting with societies and extra-curricular activities as appropriate;
- Being involved in school visits;
- Undertaking cover duties.
The College is currently enjoying great success. Recent awards include: Sunday Times School of the Year, Tatler Headmaster of the Year, and UK Independent School of the Year.
Deadline for applications: midday Monday 19th February 2018
Brighton College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children; the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the DBS.