The Board of Trustees wish to appoint a motivated Premises Assistant to join our growing, ambitious Academy. The job of the Facilities Assistant is an important one, contributing to all aspects of the School’s facilities management and premises, providing a safe and secure site for pupils, staff and visitors at all times.
The Kingston Academy is a new outstanding Secondary School in North Kingston, which opened for the first time in September 2015 with a cohort of Year 7 pupils. The school will grow annually by an additional year group until 2021. TKA has received a substantial capital grant for the refurbishment of the existing educational facilities and for additional new modern buildings which we have now taken possession of. Our mission is to provide a world-class education for all the young people within our community to ensure that every pupil is safe, happy and succeeds. Now in our sixth year of operation, we now have over 1000 pupils across the six year groups of 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12.
Who we are looking for:
- The successful applicant will be a strong team member and equally capable of working on their own.
- A good standard of DIY skills to undertake general maintenance and repairs is essential.
- Experience of working in a school environment would be an advantage but is not essential.
- A strong customer service ethic is key.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety procedures, especially as regards the use of gardening and maintenance equipment, e.g. power tools, lawn mowers
What it means to work for TKA:
- As part of a growing school, you will have the opportunity for professional development. Appropriate training, support and supervision depending on your experience
- You will be working as part of an engaged and motivated team within the context of a highly successful school.
- TKA is an Ofsted rated 'Outstanding' school and is highly popular with the local community.
Please see Job Pack for the job specification and the full list of responsibilities and person specification.
We look forward to receiving your application.
The Kingston Academy
Kingston upon Thames
- Mainstream school with state - free school funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 19 years