We are looking to recruit a full-time Premises Manager for The George Eliot School. To provide an efficient support service to the Principal in the management of the Academy premises and site, ensuring a safe, clean and secure environment for all. To manage caretaking staff and provide maintenance, key holder and caretaking services. To manage the site and facilities effectively ensuring the site is well maintained, statutory requirements complied with and contractors duly managed whilst on site.
Duties will include:
- provide a clean safe site for all. Good Health & Safety practises. An environment conducive to learning
- Deliver a Planned Preventative Plan that maintains the equipment and site to a good level.
- To comply with all Statutory compliance issues and complete corrective action when and as required.
- To keep the site secure at all times with special responsibilities in the monitoring fencing, gates, access systems and CCTV. Lock up and opening services to the school, including cover and key hold services for lets and special events like Parents evenings
- Provide a portering service to the school that will include receipt of pertinent deliveries and distribution thereof. Litter picking and rubbish removal. Keep site spotless at all times.
- Room setups and room break downs to support meetings and assemblies in a timely manner etc.
- To work with the Business Manager and Head of Facilities and Estates in delivering an appropriate caretaking service.
- Good practise and statutory checks as required by MAT/legislation will include RCD checks, Emergency lighting tests, fire door and gate checks etc. All to be logged as evidence.
- Liaise with the monitoring company and security company and ensure call out provision is in place and supported by caretaking response in emergencies (safe system for out-of-hours emergencies).
- Responsibility for Contractors on site. Induction and record keeping. Including use of Asbestos Survey.
- Responsibility for the maintenance of the Academy’s minibuses including record keeping
- Allocation of work to Premises team. Fair allocation/sharing of work as appropriate to individual based on competency.
We can offer:
- Excellent training opportunities
- A structured programme of support
- Collaborative working across the Trust with network teams allowing sharing of good practice
CV applications are not accepted, therefore, please download and complete the application form and send your completed application form to:
If you have any questions or would like us to send you an application form please contact Val Hone on the email address above or telephone 02476 243531.
We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of our students, staff and visitors. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an enhanced DBS.
The Midland Academies Trust (MAT) is an independent charitable organisation established by North Warwickshire & Hinckley College, a Department for Education approved academy sponsor, to support local schools.