Are you looking to support your local academy? We are looking for a Premises Manager to manage the Premises Team responsible for the upkeep, care, maintenance, health and safety and facilities management of the academy, with the direction and leadership of the Estates Manager.
Welcome to Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park where we are proud to celebrate the wide range of backgrounds, abilities, faiths and cultures within our school. Our success lies in our drive to ensure every pupil takes pride in their skills, abilities, and talents and uses these to help them attain the highest possible level of education.
We work together to ensure that our children have a bright, safe, secure and happy place to learn. We celebrate their achievements and encourage mutual respect for one another. We feel that by working together with our children, parents, carers, staff, governors and the wider community we can encourage our pupils to show respect, take responsibility and show resilience as they grow with us.
Main Areas of Responsibility
Leadership and Management of Premises Team
- Responsible for all people management aspects for Senior Premises Officer and Cleaners including their recruitment, performance management, training – including acquisition of skill levels regarding minor maintenance work;
- Schedule, prioritise and supervise the work of the premises staff, and any other members of staff employed, within his/her area of responsibility.
- To supervise premises staff, to ensure that their work is directed to maximise 'value for money,’ ensuring high levels of productivity;
- To supervise all work completed by outside agencies on the premises and grounds, their services, fittings and equipment, ensuring any inefficiency or ineffectiveness are brought to the attention of the Estates Manager;
- To build/refurbish areas of the academy as required by the academy Leadership Group;
- To ensure academy vehicles are maintained, serviced and cleaned;
- To provide such technical and craft support to teaching staff within the capability of staff at his/her disposal;
- To regularly inspect internal and external fabric of the buildings, initiating reparation of defects and prioritising necessary repairs. Any major defects or development plans to be discussed with Executive Principal;
- To liaise with Executive Principal on all matters of security during the academy day and out of hours;
- To complete all tasks within his/her area of responsibility that may reasonably be requested by Executive Principal;
- To maintain, decorate and repair the academy premises where such work is within the capabilities of the premises team;
- To supervise oversight of deliveries to the site as appropriate;
- To oversee the production and delivery of a planned programme of maintenance and repair of the buildings with direction from the Executive Principal;
- To liaise with teaching staff and ensure that all facilities for teaching and learning are as high quality as possible;
- To contribute personally to repairs and maintenance alongside other staff;
- To manage community use and bookings of the premises, liaising with the Resources Director in managing bookings and ensuring that a caretaking and facilities management service is provided to customers.
Health and Safety
- To ensure that the sites and building comply with highest levels of security with regard to safeguarding before, after and during hours with direction from the Executive Principal.
- To ensure health and safety systems and processes that are site or buildings related are of high quality with direction from the Executive Principal;
- To report to the Executive Principal and the Health and Safety Committee on buildings and site related safety;
- To regularly inspect the condition and quality of the premises taking action to address any issues that arise;
- To manage the security and opening/closing of the building with direction from the Executive Principal;
- To be responsible for security systems and the security of the academy, liaising closely with the Estates Manager.
Qualifications & Experience
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and requirements
- Training in relevant Health and Safety requirements
- Sound training in one or more of the following; plumbing, general and ground maintenance, electrical/building maintenance, heating systems (or sound experience of same).
- Knowledge of the operation of heating, ventilating systems and common causes of malfunctions.
- Knowledge of maintenance and security systems and procedures
- Knowledge of procurement procedures for service level agreements
- Knowledge of supervisory skills
- Understanding of appropriate cleaning methods and standards
- Demonstrable experience of working in an inner city school or educational establishment with children and young people
- Considerable general maintenance experience
- Considerable experience in dealing with external contractors
- Successful experience of managing a team of premises staff
- Experience in obtaining best value for money when managing budgets
- Experience in managing premises budgets
- Experience of managing large building projects
- Experience of successfully managing a variety of events
- Experience in managing service level agreements ensuring good value for money
Professional Development & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 11 years
Harris Primary Academy Peckham Park opened in September 2011 in the heart of Peckham. Children can start our Academy in the nursery when they are 3 years old and they leave after Year Six, when they are 11. Our Academy is an exciting pl...