35 hours per week (extra hours and call outs may be required) All Year Round, Non Residential
We are seeking to appoint an individual who is experienced in premises management. You will keep our school in good repair whilst ensuring it is a clean, safe and welcoming environment for children, staff and visitors. You will need strong oral, written and numeracy skills to effectively meet the demands of this job and be committed to delivering high service standards.
Duties will include:
• Appointing & monitoring the work of outside contractors
• Act as emergency key holder & attend call outs to school to deal with alarm activations & emergencies
• Performing Health and Safety checks, monitoring, reporting and completing all associated paperwork
• Maintaining an up to date inventory of school assets
• Security, minor repairs, painting, porterage, tidying / litter & general maintenance of school (Inc. plants and boarder maintenance)
• PAT Testing the schools electrical equipment
• Performing emergency cleaning
• Working at Heights / Manual Handling.
• English and Maths GCSE grade A-C, or equivalent
• Previous experience premises management
• An understanding of Health and Safety regulations and their application
• Good organisational skills
• IT proficient
• Able to recognise and handle various cleaning materials and substances in a safe manner. (COSHH)
• Experience / training of Health and Safety, Legionella’s & water hygiene and Fire Risk Assessment.
• Have practical experience of carpentry, plumbing and other types of repairs and maintenance
• First Aid qualification
For any further details please or to arrange a visit prior to interview email firstname.lastname@example.org email the school at put “Premises Officer Application” in the subject line.
An information pack, including a Job Description and Person Specification can be downloaded below or an application pack can be found on the Wandsworth Council website https://jobs.richmondandwandsworth.gov.uk/
Alternatively please contact Rob Melia for any further details by email to email@example.com
Completed application should be returned to the school by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 03 July 2018 (at noon) Interview date: 05 July 2018
If you have not heard from us by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We look forward to hearing from you.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
CVs are not accepted.
High View Primary School Plough Terrace St John’s Hill, SW11 2AA Telephone: 020 7228 1710 e-mail: email@example.com Head teacher: Mrs. Georgina Roberts