We are seeking an enthusiastic and innovative Prep teacher to join our close knit school community and to contribute in an exemplary way to the learning environment at our school. St Francis Xavier Primary School seeks educators with a strong personal commitment to innovative, contemporary Catholic education, and a passion for working with children and young people in a P- 6 learning environment.
St Francis Xavier Primary School has a very strong relationship with the Holy Family Parish. St Francis Xavier has grown with a student enrolment of 659 students and a staff of seventy-five. The school offers a comprehensive curriculum with values centred on the Gospel teachings of Jesus where the uniqueness and dignity of the individual is paramount and respect and care for one another is an expectation. This is supported by a real life and inclusive approach to Religious Education and Spiritual Formation which seeks to develop within our students the values lived out by our patron saint St Francis Xavier. As a community, we are inspired by the tradition of our school motto “Let Your Light Shine” in all that we do.
To be successful in this role you will be able to meet the following criteria:
• Well-developed communication and organisational skills, and the ability to work as part of a team
• An ability to effectively integrate learning technology in the classroom
• Skills to co-operatively plan learning programs with teaching colleagues
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with, and work in partnership with colleagues, parents/carers and students
• An ability to attend to detail in innovative and creative practices
• Familiarity with the Australian curriculum and evidence of successful implementation
As this position requires classroom teaching of Religious Education, applicants must be Catholic.
Applicants are required to address these points in the "letter of application" section of the on-line application form.
St Francis Xavier is located in Runaway Bay at the northern end of the Gold Coast with an approximate enrolment of 630 students. Our mission and our purpose is to provide high quality education within the framework of our Catholic tradition. Our primary focus is on our young learners but for them to achieve their potential they need staff and parents to journey with them in their learning. Our school motto, LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE challenges each one of us to strive for the best in all we do.
Visit our school website here
To be successful in this role you will:
- have a commitment to and understanding of the ethos and traditions of Catholic Education;
- hold current registration with the Queensland College of Teachers; and
- be eligible to work in Australia for the duration of the appointment.
Estimated Start Date: Commencing Term 2 - 2021
Employment Tenure: Full Time + Fixed Term
Tenure Duration (if "Fixed Term"): 2021 school year
If Part Time, hours and/or days required:
Employment Conditions: Diocesan Catholic Education Employing Authorities in Queensland Single Interest Agreement
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with the law.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
Contact Person: Kathy Fuller
Contact Telephone Number: 07 5537 2633
Contact Email: email@example.com
Closing Date: 01-Mar-2021
Brisbane Catholic Education