Mangahigh is a digital resource that is trusted by over 5000 schools across the world for teaching maths in a blended environment. Mangahigh's strength is its high quality content, and its ability to engage, motivate and positively influence students of all abilities towards learning maths using social game-based techniques.
Our team contains technical people, game designers and mathematicians including Marcus du Sautoy, who chairs our advisory board. See a case study here.
What is the Content Creator's role?
We have 600+ maths resources for KS1-4 that are adaptive, curriculum-aligned and build students' conceptual understanding. We are proud of the content we have developed and it has been the pillar of our growth so far. However, given the advancement in technology, it is time for us to take our content to a whole new level.
We are looking for highly driven, experienced maths teachers to develop our new maths content that will be built by our technology team. You will be creating content with many other teachers who'll all be working from home. You'll need to work with our web developers and our designers to ensure that our content is of the highest standard and meets the needs of our customers across US, UK, and Australia.
This is an opportunity to combine your love of teaching with a scale of impact that Mangahigh offers. With your creative ideas in mathematics, you'll be impacting lives of over 10M students, who will be using our program over the next 3-5 years.
What is the role in detail?
- Design maths questions for the maths curriculum that will be consumed on digital devices
- Design hints and worked solutions following best pedagogical practice and making the best use of digital technology
- Formulate variations of questions by describing generating algorithms that can be programmed by our technical developers to produce multiple questions
- Refine your designs based on feedback from our auditor
What are the essential skills/qualifications?
- QTS, at least 5 years teaching experience
- Primary teacher with maths specialism or secondary maths teacher
- An outstanding classroom teacher who inspires students
- A proved track record of creating high quality resources for your school and ideally the wider community
- Excellent time management and extreme attention to detail
- Quick learning and comfortable in a technology environment (coding is not essential)
- Eye for visual detail and aesthetics
- Comfortable working as part of an online team
- A desire to change the face of digital learning on a global scale
- A keen interest in online learning
What are the working conditions?
- Salary £25 per hour (equivalent of £48,000 p.a. based on 48 weeks)
- Employed as a consultant
- Working from home with occasional expenses paid travel to our London office
- Would suit a full time teacher, working a few extra hours a week to boost income
- Would suit a part time teacher who wants to earn a full time wage by working from home
- Would suit a qualified teacher who is currently not in a teaching post and wants to work full time from home
- Minimum of 8 hours a week
- Maximum of 40 hours a week
- Hours of work flexible, can work around your child care or other needs, can work weekdays and/or weekends
- No notice period for termination of contract required by consultant or by Mangahigh
What information must I include in my supporting statement?
- CV and contact details
- Examples of maths resources you have created for use in your own school or in the wider community, this can be pdfs, links or other digital formats
- An indication of the hours you are interested in working and when you would be available to start
What's the deadline for applications?
5 p.m. 31 May 2018
When would I start?
Work would commence as soon as possible.
What if I have questions?
How do I apply?
Click on the "Quick Apply" button below to apply through the TES portal