We are looking to recruit a Primary teacher for an immediate start. Jobs at MBIS are highly sought after and this position has come available due to circumstances caused by the pandemic.
MBIS – ‘Where teachers love to teach and children love to learn’
MBIS is a dynamic, learning-focused school - with a first class reputation. The school was judged as 'Excellent in all areas' by the Independent Schools Inspectorate .
MBIS located in Maadi is recognized amongst the most prestigious British Curriculum international schools in Egypt, North Africa and the Middle East. We are a vibrant, welcoming, not for profit school, that provides a world class British education for every pupil who enters our doors. Our core purpose is to ensure that every single child gains the most from the experience of being at our school. We base this on our fundamental belief that all children can reach their full potential in all areas of their development. We are dedicated to improving the educational attainment and life chances of all pupils regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, ability or disability.
MBIS is the school of choice for expatriate families living in Cairo. Established in 1995 and located in an attractive expatriate suburb of the city, MBIS serves a truly international, English-speaking body of children, with over 60 nationalities represented. The school enjoys the patronage of the British Embassy and is a proud accredited member of the Association of British schools Overseas (AoBSO) and the British Schools in the Middle East (BSME).
We are looking to recruit a talented, creative and team-oriented Primary Class Teacher who is committed to providing the best education for our children.
Interested applicants should:
- Hold a recognised British teaching qualification for the primary age range
- Have at least 3 years qualified teaching experience
- Demonstrate a real passion for learning, an understanding of best practice and a desire to continually improve
- Demonstrate a subject specialism
- Be committed and hard working, with high expectations of themselves and the children in their care
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong collegiality and a drive to support whole school development
- Have real creative flair
- Possess a positive team-spirit and a good sense of humour
A highly attractive package includes:
- Very competitive tax-free salary paid in sterling
- Yearly tax-free gratuity
- Generous monthly accommodation allowance
- Comprehensive international medical cover
- Free education for dependent children at MBIS
- Relocation allowance
- Return air passage to base country each year
- Continuing professional development
- Free staff bus
- Initial contract for 2 years, thereafter annually renewable.
To find out more about the school, please visit our website at www.mbisegypt.com
The closing date for applications is Monday 25th January 2021. Interviews will be conducted January via Skype or Zoom.
Posts are much sought after at MBIS and the school reserves the right to appoint before the deadline, therefore early applications are encouraged.
The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. Candidates will be required to undergo international child protection checks.
Maadi British International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 14 years