A Primary School Teacher at Dulwich College Shanghai Puxi is an exciting role, with shared responsibility for supporting an inspirational primary curriculum, and exhibiting high standards of teaching and learning. This person will be responsible for supporting children's achievement and wellbeing, and engaging positively and proactively in initiatives that support children's outcomes. They will be an ambassador for excellence, and will be directly involved with the professional learning of classroom assistant teachers through effective performance development. They will play a key role in the future direction of the Primary School.
"I believe in the importance of our profession and the endless possibilities of a quality education." David Ingram, Founding Head of College.
Dulwich College Shanghai Puxi was founded in 2016. The College has quickly established itself as one of the standout international schools in the city. Known for our warm welcome and positive relationships, we live by our College values;
Aim high and work hard
Be kind and respectful
Make a difference
We are inviting applications from teachers who are fully aligned with these values and demonstrate our professional demeanors:
• We believe that every child deserves a champion
• We believe that getting better never stops so we all have a professional obligation to improve as teachers.
• We understand that this will involve stepping out of our comfort zone
• We believe in a culture of the possible, where we can all make progress beyond what anyone, including ourselves, could have imagined
• We believe that truly great teaching is that which improves students progress.
• We believe an evidence-informed approach to teaching and learning helps us identify what works best in the classroom.
• We believe that hard work is the key to success for staff and students.
• We believe that you cannot just wish teachers and students to be better - you have to create the conditions for them to grow.
• We believe basic literacy and numeracy are essential to students making good progress.
• We welcome diverse ideas to solve problems.
• We believe that feedback should be timely and respond to the needs of the individual student so that they can actively engage with the feedback.
• We value professional generosity.
• We believe that we all have a professional obligation to exercise mutual leadership
• We acknowledge that we all make mistakes.
• We believe that everyone has a responsibility for service, sustainability and global citizenship.
• We believe that everyone has a responsibility for contributing to enrichment and community events.
This list reflects our strongly held beliefs and also draws upon Putting Staff First by John Tomsett and Jonny Uttley
Our Teaching Profile
Dulwich College International is One Family of Schools focused on every student achieving his or her very best in school and life beyond, which is why all our students Graduate Worldwise, ensuring they are confidently prepare for the uncertainties of the future. To guarantee this experience for all our students, we look to recruit the very best practitioners in international education so that, with us, they continue to develop as Worldwise Teachers. Our teaching and learning is grounded in the Dulwich Learning Principles
Our Vision of Teachers
Our Worldwise Teachers:
Display self-control and flexibility and nurture these skills in learners
Promote a love of learning and student wellbeing
Show professional initiative and perseverance
Get on with others and have highly developed communication skills
Are committed to internationalism and equity
Are committed to sustainability and global citizenship
Promote academic rigour and holistic learning
A Worldwise Teacher values:
Evidence-based pedagogy and personalised student learning
A compassionate approach to complex problem-solving
High levels of student motivation and engagement
Professional collaboration and collective efficacy
A Worldwise Teachers practice:
Lifelong learning and reflective practice
Reveals the complex and inter-disciplinary nature of learning content
Nurtures supportive and dynamic learning environments
Maximises every student's opportunity to learn
Activates hard thinking processes and skills
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices, which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, successful references, as well as due visa and work permit process as required by Chinese law.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Medical check, Criminal background check
- Below 57 years of age
Dulwich College Shanghai Puxi
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 18 years
Situated in the leafy and green west of Minhang district, Dulwich College Shanghai Puxi caters for families living in the west of Shanghai who are seeking the world-class holistic education that Dulwich College has become synonymous with. Founded in ...