When you join GEMS Education, you join an international educational organisation with a global network of international schools and over fifty years of education experience. GEMS Education is the leading Kindergarten to Grade 12 operator in the world educating over 110,000 children from 151 different nationalities. GEMS Education staff access the company’s professional development programme, one of the largest education training programmes in the world. This ensures the best possible academic outcomes as while ensuring that GEMS attracts and retains the highest possible calibre of staff.
About the School:
Founded in 2001, The British School Al Rehab (TBS) is one of the oldest, most established British schools in Egypt and the only international school in the beautiful city of Rehab. We are committed to providing a respectful, nurturing and creative learning environment, delivering the highest standards of education to each and every one of our students.
The British system has been available in Egypt for many years and its traditional, structured and disciplined approach is well-understood by parents. In recent years the curriculum has been widened to add an international dimension so that children in the school will gain a deeper understanding of other cultures.
The key features of the British Curriculum which make it so suitable for schools outside of the UK still remain as always;
• The curriculum is taught in English
• There is always an emphasis on understanding and questioning as well as just knowing
• Social skills are an integral part of the curriculum
• There is regular externally verified testing to give a reliable measure of progress
• IGCSE and A level examinations at the end of the process are internationally accepted for entry to universities all over the world
We are looking for outstanding teachers who are excited to join our world class schools and are driven to provide education at an exceptional level. Teachers enjoy a supportive school environment in which to deliver a dynamic and creative curriculum to motivated students.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Primary Classroom Teacher (Y3/Y4) to join our team for the next academic year commencing from Sept 2021.
Previous experience in an international school is preferred.
The successful applicant will have:
A BSc/BA with certified teaching qualification such as PGCE/PGDE, with Qualified Teacher Status.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 3 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Should hold a valid passport from Egypt.
- Criminal background check, References
- Below 60 years of age
The British School Al Rehab
Al Rehab ,Cairo, Egypt
- Mainstream school with state funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 3 - 18 years