Due to expansion, Al Rabeeh Academy is seeking to appoint a Primary Deputy Head of Pastoral for August 2020. You will be part of a dynamic new pastoral team that will lead the school in its next period of growth and success.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a beautiful, purpose built school, opened in August 2017 and is a part of a growing network of schools. The Al Rabeeh name has been synonymous throughout the city for high quality education and pastoral care since 1979. Our school is a member of British Schools in the Middle East (BSME) which provides excellent opportunities for inter-school competitions, tournaments and CPD.
Al Rabeeh Academy is a bilingual private school from FS1 to Year 13, delivering the English National Curriculum, alongside Arabic. Successful candidates will be highly committed team players with the drive, energy and passion to effectively develop Al Rabeeh Academy's pastoral system.
Successful applicants will need to be understanding of the ethos and values of Al Rabeeh Academy, a school with a high population of Arabic speaking students. The successful candidate will be an effective communicator, confident in establishing open communication with students, staff and parents.
Applicants must be fluent English speakers, hold a relevant teaching degree and have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of teaching in schools that follow the National Curriculum of England. This role would ideally suit an Assistant or Deputy Head with a strong pastoral background. However, we would consider candidates for this leadership role if you can demonstrate that you have pastoral or safeguarding experience. Full training for this role will be provided, by the Head of Welfare/Safeguarding.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate:
• Excellent knowledge of the NC
• Experience of current UK initiatives and developments in safeguarding, child protection and welfare
• The ability to work effectively in the pastoral team
• The ability to mentor vulnerable students and relate sensitively to young people
• An understanding of cultural sensitivities
• An understanding of the ADEK policies and procedures around welfare, behaviour and safeguarding is desirable
• Experience of using data from internal assessments and standardised tests and external assessments to track student progress
• Experience of working with EAL students is essential
• Competitive salary (tax free)
• An initial two-year contract (renewable by mutual consent)
• Furnished accommodation (including utilities)
• Annual return air ticket/allowance
• Medical insurance cover
• End of service gratuity
• Visa arranged by the school
Applicants should complete the application form on the TES website via the Quick Apply button. Please submit a CV of no more than 2 pages together with a recent photograph, and a scanned degree certificate.
Please note that the school reserves the right to begin the recruitment process prior to the closing date. Therefore, candidates are recommended to submit their application as soon as possible. Interviews will be conducted in Abu Dhabi or via Skype with the Principal, Ms Barbara Lubaczewska.
Applicants must possess a passport from an English speaking country.
Start date for this position will be Aug 2020.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Al Rabeeh Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The successful applicant will be required to undergo child protection screening. Issues relating to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students will be explored at interview.