Primary Key Stage Phase Leader required for August 2020 or earlier by mutual agreement for Dukhan English School
This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional teacher to join the school in this key leadership position. This position is the equivalent to an Assistant Head of Primary post in the United Kingdom.
Qatar Petroleum schools are internationally focused and both are seen as important hubs for the communities they serve. Dukhan English School is a vibrant community school educating over 1250 students from 3 to 18 years of age, and representing over 30 different nationalities. The school enjoys brand new state-of-the-art purpose built premises that are well equipped to support high-quality teaching and learning. We are delivering an innovative and globally relevant curriculum with the QP Values at its heart.
We are seeking an experienced leader who can inspire our students and staff to build on the strong foundation of our school. This is an opportunity for a passionate leader, who shares our vision and commitment to providing a holistic and well-rounded education for all students. The post requires the ability to demonstrate a strong track record of leadership experience and management skills, who is committed to providing the best education and opportunities for our students whilst retaining the happy and supportive culture that allows our pupils and staff to thrive.
Our vision is for our students to be high achieving, healthy and happy individuals, well prepared to take their place as global citizens and leaders of the future. Our mission is to achieve this by inspirational teaching that places high value on learning, enjoyment and the well-being of all our students. To help deliver this we are seeking a dynamic, Primary Phase Leader to work directly with the Head of Primary.
- Oversee daily phase organisation and management
- Monitor the quality of teaching and learning within the phase
- Model outstanding classroom practice and support staff development through coaching and mentoring Participate in and lead staff training
- Establish good relationships and support members of the team
- Review planning to ensure coverage, progression and a range of learning experiences across the phase
- Liaise closely with other Phase Leaders to ensure continuity and progression EYFS – KS3
- Monitor the standards of behaviour and achievement within the phase
- Support Pupil Progress Meetings and monitor subsequent interventions to raise attainment
- Lead staff Performance Management Meetings and when required devise personal improvement plan
- Qualified Teacher Status
- At least 3 years’ experience as an outstanding school leader, preferably in a high performing UK or international school
- Highly effective team leader, able to motivate and engage other staff in change/new ideas
- Proven team management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to continued personal and professional development
Salary and benefit package
You will enjoy the full benefits of working for the corporation, including a generous tax-free salary, free accommodation and utilities, interest-free car loan, education assistance for up to four children, medical cover, airfares and paid school holidays. Details of the specific salary will be discussed at interview.
Please apply immediately with a one-page letter of application, a full CV and a recent photograph. For VISA purposes, we will also require the following information:
1) Date of birth 2) Marital status 3) Nationality 4) Number of dependents 5) Nationality and age of dependents 6) QTS Status
Please send your complete application to QP.email@example.com
Penny has placed a number of teachers at QP Schools since 2010. She has visited on multiple occasions and is therefore very familiar with the schools.
Please feel free to contact her if you wish to discuss a potential application.
Penny Kontopyrghou, Office: +44 (0)20 7259 8771 Mobile: +447595 968 600.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and short listed applicants will be contacted once applications have been reviewed.
The current school website URL is http://www.des.com.qa
Please note that a new school website is under development.