This is a fantastic opportunity to teach in an ambitious and improving school.
Burlington Danes holds a special place in London’s educational landscape. It is the first Ark school, and has a history stretching back to its founding in 1699. Ark Burlington Danes Academy is a non-selective, all-through comprehensive school that serves a local community with a high degree of social disadvantage. Our mission is to ensure that every child, regardless of background, has the right to access the highest qualifications, best universities and most competitive careers. Our teachers are firmly committed to our vision. We believe in a ‘no excuses’ culture and strive to ensure that our students have the best academic education possible, supported by an excellent enrichment and pastoral programme to ensure our children develop into rounded, successful individuals who will thrive in the outside world. We are a learning community that invests heavily in developing the teaching and leadership skills of all our staff through our in-house programmes and the outstanding training provision of the Ark network.
We are now looking to recruit a Nursery class teacher to join our primary school who is dedicated to helping every child succeed. You will join a highly motivated team, committed to a creative and stimulating approach to teaching and learning. The successful candidate will help to develop an exciting curriculum to engage pupils in learning and will work with other members of the primary school to raise attainment across all key stages. It is very likely to be a Year 2 or Year 3 class for the first year.
Our ideal candidate will:
• be a passionate teacher
• be a committed team player
• demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the academy and its students can achieve
• demonstrate evidence of raising attainment and developing excellence
• be a committed team player
• be committed to Ark’s ethos of high expectations and no excuses culture
• have the resolve and enthusiasm to make a real difference to the lives of pupils.
In this role you will have the opportunity to:
• join one of the most successful academies in England
• work in high quality facilities
• receive unrivalled training and professional development
• join a network of Ark schools and benefit from the support of experienced network colleagues
• gain access to an exclusive range of benefits including reduced gym membership and large retail discounts.
To apply, please complete the online application by TES.
Location: Ark Burlington Danes Primary Academy, Du Cane Road, London W12 0TN
Closing Date: Friday 22nd March at 9:00 am and short-listing on the same day
Interviews: Tuesday 26th March or Thursday 28th March
Start Date: September 2019
Salary: Ark MPS or UPS (Inner London) £30,406 - £41,381 per annum or £46,272 - £50,178 per annum depending on experience