Situated in the centre of The Hague and enjoying an excellent reputation, the HSV International Primary School has approximately 635 (growing to 700+) children following a full primary curriculum, delivered in English, across four locations in The Hague. At one of the locations, Van Heutszstraat we also have the only International Special Education needs school in The Netherlands, The Lighthouse. At another location, Nassaulaan, the children learn alongside the children in our Dutch bilingual department.
The school's curriculum is based on England’s National Curriculum for English (Literacy) and Mathematics, the core subjects. Other subjects are taught through the International Primary Curriculum (IPC). Specialist teachers provide gym, music and in the upper KS 2 classes, handicraft lessons. We also offer EAL specialist support for children new to learning English.
The HSV International Primary School welcomes applications from experienced and qualified primary teachers for teaching opportunities at our school. We invest in our teachers through a professional development programme and support of other professional development opportunities.
The Hague is a modern and safe city of more than 500,000 people, and The Netherlands offers residents a wealth of cultural engagement, outdoor recreation, and travel opportunities. If you’d like to know more about our school and its surroundings, click on our recruitment brochure to discover more.
To check out our schools and The Hague from the perspective of our pupils , click on this video.
Primary School Teacher
Required School Year 2021/22
The HSV International Primary School is looking for an enthusiastic and innovative primary trained teacher to join our supportive and tight knit school community. We seek a team member who is passionate and committed to the learning and development of young children. It is essential that the successful candidate shows a willingness to work collaboratively and plan across the curriculum to meet the needs of learners, and have the desire to work closely with parents, support the school and participate in school events.
If you are an international educator and interested in working in The Netherlands, we are currently seeking applications from experienced qualified primary teachers for the academic year 2021/22. All posts are initially for a year and subject to performance & availability lead to a permanent contract.
NEWLY QUALIFIED TEACHERS ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY
We seek applications from candidates who possess the following qualities:
● good interpersonal and organisational skills
● flexible team player
● sense of humour
● good ICT skills
● a willingness to learn the Dutch Language
● ability to work independently
● knowledge of the International Primary Curriculum and UK National Literacy and Numeracy Strategies is desired
All applicants must:
● have Qualified Teacher Status (B.Ed or PGCE equivalent must be for primary education only; UK applicants must be in possession of the QTS parts 1 and 2)
● be fluent in English (C2 level)
● have experience of teaching the full primary curriculum to whole classes of children in the English language
● experience of teaching a creative goal based curriculum (not one based on text books or methods)
● minimum two years teaching experience (NQTs are not eligible to apply)
● meet the requirements to live and work in the EU (eligible passport or visa).
Please send by e-mail:
● Details of your nationality
● A cover letter detailing your experience and motivation for moving to The Netherlands
● Details of two professional references
To: Mrs Lorraine Janet Dean
Closing Date: Monday 18th May 2021. Please note that only candidates who have been longlisted will be contacted. If you have not heard from us by 31st May, then you should assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
HSV International Primary School - Bezuidenhout
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 2 - 13 years