Thames British School Warsaw is offering an exciting opportunity to exceptional teachers to join our school community and participate in our school’s development.
Salary: Based on experience and qualifications. Approx. 102,000zł – 117,600zł (£21,400 – £24,600) after tax.
Thames British School is a new and expanding school. Our preschool campus opened its doors in September 2018 and we opened a second campus outside Warsaw accommodating children from Nursery to Year 6 in September 2019. From September 2020, this campus will extend to cater for students up to Year 9. We will also be operating from two new campuses in the centre of Warsaw, and we will be accommodating students from Year 2 to Year 13 within these sites.
The school’s mission is to encourage our children to go further than they thought possible by nurturing resilience, cooperation and enthusiasm in a safe environment. Our approach to the National Curriculum for England provides broad and balanced educational experiences through encouraging children to take ownership of their learning.
It is an exciting time for our school as we are in the process of applying for accreditation from Cambridge. This will further extend opportunities for our teachers to develop within our school and the wider community of Cambridge schools.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Recognised teaching qualification for the appropriate age range (B.Ed or PGCE and QTS)
• English proficiency at C2 or IELTS 8.5
• Ability to communicate with pupils, colleagues and parents
• Teamworking skills
• Sensitivity to the local culture
• Experience in the National Curriculum for England
• Ability to plan for and work with children with a range of abilities
• Previous international school experience
• Additional skills and specialisms that will contribute to whole school development (eg IT, music)
• Experience in working with children who speak English as an Additional Language
To implement teaching and learning according to the objectives of the National Curriculum for England.
To teach and educate students to achieve their potential according to their individual needs and abilities.
• Take responsibility for the academic, social and emotional development of children
• Plan and deliver lessons according to objectives in the National Curriculum for England, ensuring activities are differentiated to meet the needs of all pupils, including EAL
• Create inquiry-based classrooms that promote critical thinking and collaboration within an atmosphere of trust and respect
• Ability to use a wide range of resources, including IT, to promote and enhance learning
• Write formal reports on a termly basis
• Set and communicate targets to ensure each pupil reaches their potential
• Ensure ongoing and rigorous assessment, using outcomes to promote further progress
• Competitive salary
• Private health insurance
• Full remission of tuition fees for children of full-time teachers
• Access to online training
• Access to online curriculum support and resources
• Relocation allowance for teachers coming from overseas of 6000zl (approx. £1200)
• Piaseczno Campus: Transport is provided from a pickup point in Warsaw
How to Apply
All applicants must complete the application form, which includes a section for your personal statement, and send it with your CV to email@example.com.
Contract type: Full time, One year (renewable)
Start date: August 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to either an interview by Skype or in person.
Thames British School is committed to the welfare and safeguarding of young people. All members of our community are expected to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undergo relevant background checks.