The Pears Family School is a Specialist AP school which opened its doors in 2014. Our vision is to become a centre of high quality and innovative education for children, families and schools. Combining outstanding teaching with elements from the most up-to-date Systemic CAMHS practice (including the use of multi-family groups and mentalisation), the Family School aims to ease behavioural and mental health-related blocks to learning and to provide learning opportunities that keep pace with the pupil’s growing ability to learn and achieve. We are committed to serving pupils who are struggling to manage successfully in mainstream schools. Our aim is to develop the child’s knowledge, skills and resilience to enable them to thrive in a future school setting at the same time as developing their family’s skills to support this process.
With increasing pupil numbers we are now looking to add to our staff team by appointing an outstanding Primary teacher confident in leading learning in KS1/Lower KS2. Each SEN teacher will have responsibility for a class of 6-8 children.
The ideal candidates will be:
- A reflective and creative practitioner
- Able to build supportive, professional relationships with children and families.
- Able to provide outstanding learning opportunities ensuring all pupils are challenged to achieve their maximum potential
- Able to share best practice and to communicate effectively with the child’s family and wider community
- Experienced in teaching phonics and early reading
They will have the opportunity to:
- Play an integral role in the shaping and building of a unique educational vision and an outstanding school
- Enhance their career through outstanding and exciting CPD opportunities
We welcome applications from NQTs as well as more experienced teachers. There may be the possibility of a responsibility allowance for a more experienced teacher.
For more information about the school please visit our website at www.thefamilyschoollondon.org.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 8pm Wednesday 19th May 2021
Interview Date: Week beginning Monday 24th May 2021
The Pears Family School
- Alternative provision with state - free school funding
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 14 years
The Family School London is a Specialist AP school which opened its doors in 2014. We are proud to be a tolerant and caring learning community welcoming students from all cultures and faiths. Our vision is to provide vulnerable young people and their...