The Ministry of Education, Youth, Sports, Agriculture & Lands invites applications for the following education roles within the Government school system for 2021/22 academic years commencing August 2021
Primary Specialist Teacher (Music - Vocal & Instrumental)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject from a recognized institution
- Formal teacher training/qualification as specified in the Department of Education Services policy on Teacher Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 years’, post qualification teaching experience, as a trained music teacher with experience in vocal and instrumental music to primary aged children with a demonstrated track record of successful teaching and learning including
- Teaching of concert band instruments, e.g. clarinet, flute, saxophone, trumpet.
- Teaching of popular band instruments, e.g. electric guitar, electronic keyboard.
- Arrangement of music for different combinations of instruments
- Prior experience of teaching in a child-centred learning environment with an emphasis on an activity-based approach with differentiation for individual abilities is essential
- Must be able to play piano at least at Grade 6 level.
- Experience of IB would be an advantage
- Ability to contribute to the vocal music programme will be an asset.
- Prior experience facilitating learning using a play based approach with the ability to differentiate to cater for individual abilities
- *Evidence of ICT skills sufficient to support integration of ICT in the classroom is required
The remuneration package for the successful candidate is offered without deductions. The Cayman Islands Government provides an additional 12% pension contribution and 100% health insurance coverage for the employee and their dependents.
A detailed Job Description and the Government Application Form are available online at www.education.gov.ky/jobs Please send your completed Government Application Form, Supplementary Form (teaching post only) and Cover Letter only via e-mail to email@example.com
Application Deadline: January 29th 2021
Cayman Islands Government - Ministry of Education, Youth Sports, Agriculture & Lands