Post Commences - January 2018
Al Jazeera Academy is a member of the Ta'allum Group of Schools. Ta'allum is a growing and successful organisation consisting of 3 partner schools. Due to oversubscription there are plans to open 2 new Academies in Doha in the near future.
Are you an experienced Primary Teacher with vision, passion and flair in the classroom?
Are you child centred with an enthusiasm to make a difference and a commitment to helping children be the very best they can be?
If the answer is yes then please read on.
As the Head of Primary at AJA, Doha, I am currently seeking creative, committed teachers and potentially leaders with QTS to start this August. We have a welcoming environment with a fantastic ethos complimented by a team of friendly teachers. We use a number of UK resources such as Read Write Ink and are moving towards a thematic curriculum adapted to the needs of our children who are mostly Qatari.
Teachers must be knowledgeable on the UK Curriculum with experience of a thematic approach and continuous provision being desirable. Teachers must be creative in their teaching practice with a desire to teach in this Islamic values environment.
Typical responsibilities include:
· Preparing daily and long-term lesson plans according to curriculum guidelines.
· Teaching a range of subject areas.
· Developing children’s interests, abilities and coordination using a variety of creative activities.
· Maintaining productive and positive working habits and routines in the classroom.
· Supervising children throughout the day, both in the classroom and outside during breaks.
· Attending staff meetings, training and development sessions.
· Assessing and evaluating children’s educational progress and abilities.
· Setting and conducting testing.
· Discussing children’s progress with parents and guardians, administrators and other professionals as necessary.
· Organising, attending and supervising school activities such as excursions.
Al Jazeera Academy
PO Box 22250, Doha, Qatar
Tax Free Salary, Accommodation, Flights and Medical Insurance.
Interviews by Skype
To apply for this post please email the completed application form, including a supporting statement outlining your skills, experience and motivation for joining the AJA team in Doha. Completed applications should be submitted using the TES online application form.
Please visit our websites – www.taalumgroup.com and http://aja.edu.qa/ to find out more about Al Jazeera Academy and the Ta’allum Group of schools.
Closing date for applications - 30 November 2018