Looking for something a little different, in a vibrant city, at a growing international through school with big ambitions?
DSB International School, Mumbai is seeking a primary teacher for either a Y3/4 or Y5/6 class.
Required for a start date of early August 2018.
Generous tax-free salary paid in Indian Rupees, (pay-scale based on experience and qualifications); furnished flat close to school; medical and other benefits; 2 year initial contract.
Please send a CV detailing your teaching and other relevant experience, accompanied by a personal statement outlining your vision, your strengths, and the contribution you can make to our school.
Interviews will be conducted via Skype or in London 15th-16th May, 2018.
Please send your CV and a personal statement to the Principal, Dr Lawrence Burke, email@example.com
Please also see General Information – living and working in Mumbai.
DSB international School has a Primary Department population of 100+ students. Classes are small with around 8-16 children per class. The successful candidates should be able to cater for English as an Additional Language as our students come from all over the World.
The school follows an appropriately adapted version of the English National Curriculum for an international school. Experience of coordination of a subject would be an advantage, as would the ability to offer an extra-curricular activity. Please note specialists from within the school already cater for the teaching of PE and German.
- QTS through BEd or BA/BSc plus PGCE or recognised equivalent (essential).
- MEd or MA (desirable)
- 2 years teaching experience minimum (essential)
- Experience of mixed-ability classrooms and EAL needs in mainstream classes.
- Experience of extra-curricular activities (strongly desirable)
- International experience (desirable)
Attitudes and Attributes
- Excited by, and passionate about teaching children
- Knowledgeable about the curriculum
- Flexible and adaptable
- Hard working and willing to do extra where required
- Strongly team-motivated
- Willing to work with small classes and to differentiate effectively
- Committed to open dialogue with parents
- Able to adjust to a crowded and busy city life
- Interested in local cultures and traditions
Remuneration, contract and benefits
- 2 year contract, extendable on yearly basis, (with extension bonus)
- Generous tax-free salary paid in Indian Rupees, (pay-scale based on experience and qualifications)
- Hospitalisation Insurance
- Medical bills allowance annually, or cash equivalent at year end
- Return economy flight to home country annually (overseas candidates)
- Furnished flat situated in South Mumbai, close to school (overseas candidates)
- Annual Professional Development allowance
- Relocation allowance (overseas candidates)
Please note that the cost of living is relatively low, compared to Europe or North America and allows the teacher to live comfortably in Mumbai. However, this depends on your lifestyle. Most teachers are able to remit money home and employ cleaners etc. However, please note that the exchange rate does fluctuate.
Closing date for applications: Friday, May 25th, 2018.